- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope: 22 September 2019
- 12 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 13 hrs ago Daughters Day 2019: 7 Ways How A Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 13 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- Technology ISRO Aditya-L1 Sun Mission To Take Off In 2020
- News SAIL Jobs: SAIL recruitment 2019 notification download for 463 openings; Direct link to apply online
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
In accordance with the Vaishnavism cult (the worship of Lord Vishnu) it is believed that the Vaikunth Dwaram, the gate to the Lord's innner sanctum is kept open on this day. As per the legend the mercy of Lord Vishnu had the gates of His abode, Vaikuntam open for two demons despite the fact that they were against Him.
At Srirangam, Ranganathaswami temple, the Lord wearing a Rathnaangi, an armour of diamonds moves from the sanctum to the Thirumamani Mandapam (thousand pillared hall) via the northern gate, the Paramapada Vaasal or the gate to heaven.
It is to be noted that this gate is kept open only once a year on Vaikuntha Ekadashi day. This reason hence is suffice for the devotees to get a glimpse of their Lord studded with diamonds, who makes Himself present for the eyes and hearts to feast in the open mandap.
Kavita, the Joint Commissioner of Ranganatha shrine said "The Vaikuntha Ekadesi festival is celebrated for 20 days and the Tamil devotional prayers in praise of the Lord are sung by the Arayar in special dance format in all these 20 days. People from all over the world come to visit this temple on this day and for their benefit we have also given direct relay, live relay in our website plus other organization has also made efforts to see that this festival is a grand success," The performance of Arayar Natanam, a dance, in the temples of Lord Vishnu in Tamil Nadu.
Pilgrims give vent to their devotional fervor by singing devotional songs and chanting religious hymns all through the day in Lord's praise. The popular belief is that those who get to see the Lord on this day are liable to gain entry into His abode.
Being the most splendid part of the Srirangam temple, the thousand pillar hall proudly holds the beautiful form of the formless Lord Ranganatha on this special day. He makes Himself easily accessible to the eyes of those yearning hearts who seek to assuage their devotional urges at the very sight of Him AGENCIES