- 44 min ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 15 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- 18 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale Is Here! Up To 70% Off On Handbags, Backpacks, Clutches & More
- 20 hrs ago Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
- Movies Dhanush Recalls Being Mocked For His Appearance During Early Days; 'I Am Very Proud Of The Way I Handled It'
- News Goa Assembly Polls 2022: Arvind Kejriwal to announce AAP’s CM candidate today
- Technology Moto G71 Vs Moto G51: Which One’s Better And Why?
- Sports AFCON: Four-time champions Ghana knocked out; Gabon and Morocco through
- Finance What To Do If Your Health Insurance Claim Get Rejected?
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Out of all the Hindu festivals, Karwa Chauth is one of the most popular festivals among Hindu married women. It is a festival observed by women for the welfare of their husbands. On this day, women observe a day-long fast and pray to the Almighty for blessing their husbands with a long, prosperous and healthy life.
Every year, this auspicious festival is celebrated on the Chaturthi tithi of Krishna Paksha (waning phase) in the month of Ashwin. This year the festival will be observed on 4 November 2020.
The festival has several rituals and one of them is eating sargi. Those who don't know, sargi is an early morning meal that is given to a woman by her mother-in-law. The sargi contains various fruits, foods and dry fruits. If you think, sargi has no to little significance in Karwa Chauth, then you do not know its importance. Today we are going to tell you more about sargi. Scroll down the article to read more.
What Does Sargi Comprises Of
- Sargi comprises five kinds of fruits. For this, you can take apples, bananas, grapes, oranges and pomegranate.
- It needs to have puri, kheer and any other sweet dish.
- You can include roasted peanuts and makhana in the sargi.
- In addition to these, it should have curd, coconut juice, mathari and salad.
- In case, you can also ask your mother-in-law to provide you parathas and green veggies.
- Apart from the food items, the sargi should also contain gifts and clothes for the one who will be observing the fast.
Significance Of Sargi
- The sargi is usually provided by mother-in-law or any other elder woman in the family.
- The one who offers sargi should present something to the one who observes the fast of Karwa Chauth. The gift can include money, clothes and/or jewellery.
- In case, a woman doesn't have a mother-in-law, then the elder sister-in-laws of the woman should offer sargi.
- Without eating sargi, a woman can't begin her fast for Karwa Chauth. This is because the sargi is an important and the first ritual of this festival.
- The sargi should be consumed only during its auspicious muhurat.
- Every year the muhurat for eating sargi begins during the Brahma Muhurat i.e., before the sunrise. This year the muhurat for eating sargi will begin at 4:51 am on 4 November 2020 and will stay till 5:43 am on the same date.
- So those women who will be eating sargi, should wake up during this time and consume their sargi.
- One of the reasons why women eat sargi is because it provides necessary nutrients needed for observing a day-long strict fast.
- The food items in the sargi make women feel energetic. Also it helps in preventing the hunger pangs.
- The sargi should be followed by Baya which is the gift offered to the one who gives sargi by the woman who observes Karwa Chauth.
- The Baya contains clothes, jewellery, fruits and other things.
- The Baya is usually sent by a woman's mother or any other elder woman from her parents' side.
So this was all about Sargi. We hope you will have a great time during Karwa Chauth 2020.
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2020: Your Diwali Wardrobe Sorted Ft. Kajal Aggarwal; Take A Look At Her Traditional Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2020: Ivory Or Red, Which Saree Of Kajol Will You Pick For This Diwali?
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Flaunts A Ruffled Red Saree Which We So Love
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2020: Kareena Kapoor Khan Impresses Us With Her Kurta Set Which You Can Easily Afford
- make up tipsKarwa Chauth 2020: Neha Kakkar, Anushka Sharma, And Other Bollywood Beauties Inspired Make-up Looks
- festivalsKarwa Chauth 2021: Things To Do And Avoid During This Festival
- festivalsKarwa Chauth Vrat 2020: Dos And Don'ts Of The Festival That You Must Know
- marriage and beyondKarwa Chauth 2020: 8 Unique Ideas To Make Your Wife Feel Special On This Day
- marriage and beyondKarwa Chauth 2020: 8 Beautiful Things That Husbands Can Gift To Woo Their Wives
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
- womenKarwa Chauth – Why Observe the Fast?
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits