- 47 min ago Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 April 2021
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- 16 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aries 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- Movies Karan Kundrra On Not Moving On Post Break-Up With Anusha Dandekar: It’s Hard To Get Into A Relationship
- Sports Pakistan players will get visas for T20 World Cup
- Technology Free Fire Redeem Codes For April 17; Get Free Starter Pack Today
- News Watch: To skip COVID test, passengers make a run out of railway station in Bihar’s Buxar
- Finance TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Mindtree: How These IT Giants Performed In Q4FY21?
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Automobiles Tata HBX Interiors Spied Revealing New Details Ahead Of Launch: Pics & Details
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
The Gayatri Mantra is considered one of the most powerful hymns in Hinduism. The Gayatri Mantra has been mentioned in the Rig Veda, one of the holy scriptures in Hinduism, and also in the Upanishads and other ancient scriptures. People believe that chanting Gayatri Mantra can help in attaining peace of mind, gaining will power and overcoming all the obstacles of life. Sages and those who are into spirituality are often seen chanting the Gayatri Mantra to seek blessings from the deities.
Swami Vivekananda and Dayanand Saraswati themselves have emphasised the importance of the Gayatri Mantra. They have described this mantra as one of the best ways to purify one's mind. It is one of the most easy-to-learn sacred hymns and can be learnt in just a few minutes.
Here are the Gayatri Mantra lyrics and text, both original and English:
Om Bhur Bhuváh Sváhá
Meaning: Ultimate reality, in which physical, astral and causal worlds exist
Tát Savitúr Váreṇyaṃ
Meaning: That is the Supreme reality from which creation happens, and it is the foremost
Bhárgo Devásya Dhīmahi
Meaning: Oh divine effulgence, we meditate upon you
Dhíyo Yó Náḥ Prácho Dáyāt
Meaning: Propel our knowledge of the Supreme reality.
It is believed that if you chant the Gayatri Mantra every day 108 times, it drives evil away and keeps you protected. It will also keep any negative thoughts at bay, it is said.
Some people in earlier times forbade women and girls from reciting the Gayatri Mantra for the sheer power it is believed to provide, but the practice is no longer prevalent. Anybody can chant the Gayatri Mantra and seek protection from the divine.