- 24 min ago Ananya Panday, Bhumi Pednekar, And Other Divas Have Trendy Party Wear Ideas For This Weekend
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Kartik Aaryan: Five Times The Actor Charmed With His Fashion Choices
- 2 hrs ago No Shave November Special: Benefits Of Beard Growth Serum And How To Apply It
- 2 hrs ago All Hell Breaks Loose When Indian Parents Find About Dating, 6 Tips To Guide Your Children
- Finance Hackers Steal Rs 1 Crore Skimming ATM Cards: How To Protect Your Card?
- Technology Lenovo Ideapad S340 Packs Right Amount Of I/O That Modern Laptops Should Have
- News Phase 1 of Jharkhand polls would see 44 with pending criminal cases contesting
- Sports Countdown to PCF Cup-Football begins, trophy for corporate tournament unveiled in New Delhi
- Automobiles Maruti Baleno Sales Achieves New Milestone: Fastest Selling Premium Hatchback In The Country
- Movies Smriti Irani Gives Befitting Reply To Trolls; Shares Picture With Bill Gates With An Epic Caption
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
A Shivlinga is a representation of Lord Shiva. One of the most significant and surprising things of nature is the formation of a Shivlinga of ice at Amarnath. It is said that a Shivlinga is so pure that worshipping it can liberate your soul from all forms of negativities.
Lord Shiva is known as Mahadev because his worship is considered to be highly fruitful. He is often worshipped through this Shivlinga. We generally offer milk and water along with jaggery or sugar to a Shivlinga. However, there are other things as well that we can offer him. Take a look at these things we can offer to a Shivlinga.
Sugarcane juice is one of the items offered to Lord Shiva. It is said that many financial problems are solved by offering sugarcane juice to a Shivlinga.
Honey is another item on the list. It is one of the sacred items often used during Pujas. It is said that we should apply honey on a Shivlinga. This helps to better the health and give a longer life to the devotee.
We all have seen Ghee applied on a Shivlinga in temples. Hence, it is not a new thing to know. However, the reason why we apply ghee on a Shivlinga or offer ghee to it is that in doing so, it helps children in improving their academic performance.
While many of us might not be knowing, it has been mentioned in the Vedas that we should also offer mustard oil to a Shivlinga. Hence, it is also there on the list.
Milk And Gangajal
As we know we offer milk to a Shivlinga, besides this, gangajal can also be offered. It is said that offering both these helps to free oneself from all worries and tensions.
Besides these, curd is also offered to a Shivlinga. Since Lord Shiva likes curd, it is one of the most common offerings, especially on a Shivratri.
Apart from all these items, scent is also offered to a Shivlinga. It is said that offering scent brings one closer to success. White flowers and seasonal fruits can also be offered.