- 1 hr ago Who Was Rakesh Jhunjhunwala? Facts About 'India's Warren Buffett'
- 4 hrs ago What Causes Children To Become Narcissists: 4 Types Of Narcissism In Children, And The Influence Of Parents
- 5 hrs ago How To Drape Saree For Varamahalakshmi Kalasha
- 7 hrs ago Chidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- News Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's demise: Condolences pour in over the death of "India's Warren Buffett"
- Sports South Africa paceman Duanne Olivier ruled out of England Test series
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha: Academy Heaps Praises On Aamir Khan's Film, Calls It A Faithful Adaptation Of Forest Gump
- Travel Places to Visit on the Eve of Independence Day in India
- Finance Veteran Investor Jhunjhunwala Started Journey In Share Market With Just Rs 5000
- Automobiles Honda CB300F First Ride Review - Aggressive Fighter Neutered By Head Scratching Price Tag
- Technology Jio Rs. 750 Prepaid Plan Launched With 2GB Data Per Day And More
- Education TS EAMCET Result 2022 Declared @eamcet.tsche.ac.in; Check Scorecard Here
Navratri is going to be observed from October 10 and will continue till October 18, 2018. The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped during this period of nine days. The Navratri falling during the Ashvin month is known as Maha Navratri.
It is either the main festival or is celebrated as one of the most popular festivals in most of the states of India. A fast on each day during these nine days, for each form of the Goddess is observed during the festival. These fasts are concluded by the Kanjaka Pujan on the ninth day.
Significance Of Navratri
Markandeya Puran mentions the reasons behind the celebrations of Navratri. Durga Saptashati is one of the parts of the Purana. It explains the story of the birth of a girl who was the incarnation of Goddess Shakti herself. (Goddess Shakti, also known as Maa Durga and with various other names as well, is the primary deity of the followers of Shaktism tradition of Hinduism).
She defeated many demons, among whom Mahishasura was probably the most powerful. The battle and then the defeat of Mahishasura along with his agents, at the hands of the Goddess is celebrated as Navratri.
Navratri Dates And Ghat Sthapana Muhurta 2018
Sharadiya Navratri is observed during the Hindu month of Ashvin. This corresponds with the months of September-October according to the Gregorian calendar. This year it will be observed from October 10 to October 18. Ghat Sthapana is done on the first day, the Pratipada Tithi (fifteenth of the bright fortnight). Pratipada on October 9 will begin at 9:16 am and will end at 7:25 am on October 10. The muhurta will remain from 6:22 am to 7:25 am (1 hour 2 minutes) on October 10.
The list of Tithis along with the forms of the Goddess to be worshipped on that Tithi is given below.
Oct 10: Prathama - Devi Shailputri
Oct 11: Dwitiya - Devi Brahmacharini
Oct 12: Tritiya - Devi Chandraghanta
Oct 13: Chaturthi - Devi Kushmanda
Oct 14: Panchami - Devi Skandhamata
Oct 15: Shasthi - Devi Katyayni
Oct 16: Saptami - Devi Kalratri
Oct 17: Ashtami - Devi Mahagauri
Oct 18: Navmi - Devi Siddhidhatri
Four Types Of Navratri
Four types of Navratri are observed in a year, which correspond to the Hindu months of Chaitra, Ahadh, Ashvin and Magha. Those falling during Chaitra and Ashvin are the most important.
Navratri falling during the Ashadh and Magha are known as Gupt Navratri celebrated primarily by those who perform Tantrik rituals for healing and cure with the help of black magic. Fasts and celebrations take place during Gupt Navratras as well, though not with much fuss.
Tenth Day After Navratri
Navratri is observed for a period of nine days and the tenth day after that is observed as Vijaya Dashmi celebrating the victory of the good over evil as Lord Ram had defeated Ravana on this day, which is popularly known as Dussehra. (Similarly, the tenth day after Chaitra Navratri is observed as Ram Navmi). Since the Navratri will conclude on Mahanavmi, October 18, Dussehra will fall on October 19, 2018.
- yoga spiritualityChidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 14 August To 20 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 14 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- yoga spiritualityTanot Mata Mandir: History, Timings, When To Visit, And The War Miracles
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 13 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsSwarna Gauri Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha, And Celebrations
- zodiac signsSun Transit In Leo On 17 August 2022: Effects And Remedies On 12 Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 12 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsVaraha Jayanti 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Mantra, Vrat Katha, And Benefits
- faith mysticismWho Was Mandodari? Unknown Facts About King Of Lanka, Ravana's Wife
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Dos And Don’ts While Celebrating Rakhi
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Mythological Stories Behind Rakhi Festival