- News Kolkata Police arrested group D staff inside Fort William on charges of rape
- Technology Huawei Might Lose Out On $30 Billion Revenue After US Ban
- Sports World Archery gives one-month ultimatum to Archery Association of India
- Finance This Is Why SBI Life Suggest Booking Profits In Stocks
- Movies Jasleen Matharu BLASTS Deepak Thakur For Mocking Her Bikini Look; Deepak BEGS Not To Go Legal Way!
- Automobiles Toyota To Launch Twelve Products Over The Next Decade — The Invasion Has Begun
- Education NEST Results 2019 Released: Check The Link And Important Details
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped during the Navratri. Goddess Durga is the manifestation of power, peace, prosperity and knowledge. Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Parvati, Goddess Mahakali, Goddess Saraswati all are just the different forms of Goddess Durga. Among the nine days Puja, a Puja is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati as well. It is generally observed as a three-day festival where the Goddess is offered prayers for the last three days of Navratri. This year Saraswati Puja will be performed from October 15 to October 17. The second day is known as Saraswati Pradhan Puja.
Here is how you should perform Saraswati Puja during Navratri. Take a look.
- Idol of the goddess
- Mango leaves
- White cloth
Clean the house a day before Saraswati Puja. Clean the books and other items related to studying. Place all these items in the puja room. You do not need to keep all the books, just take one or two to place before the idol of the Goddess.
Place the idol of the Goddess on a high raised platform (such as a small table) at such a height that you can offer prayers while sitting on the floor. Take a woollen mat or cloth and use it for sitting during the Puja.
Place the white cloth as an offering before the Goddess. Light a lamp and incense before the Goddess. Offer flowers and fruits. Begin the Puja by invoking Lord Ganesha. Thereafter chant the name of Goddess Saraswati. Offer a vermilion tilak on the books, akshat (whole grains of rice, can be coloured with vermilion) and offer some flowers. After this, the aarti can be performed.
Vakratunda Mahakaya Surya Koti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kurume Dev Sarvakaryeshu Sarvada
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Vidya Rupen Sansthita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah
Why Worship Goddess Saraswati
Goddess Saraswati is the Hindu Goddess of art, learning, music, wisdom and knowledge. She is worshipped by Hindus in India and Nepal. She is one of the Tridevi - Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswati and Goddess Parvati. She is depicted as a beautiful innocent woman wearing a white saree and seated generally on a white lotus. The white colour that the Goddess wears symbolises peace, light and knowledge. It is this form of the Goddess which is known to remove the darkness of ignorance from the life of her devotees and provides wisdom to them.