- 6 hrs ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- 7 hrs ago Daughter's Day 2019: 7 Ways How Liberal Upbringing Can Help Daughters To Become Strong Women
- 7 hrs ago Navratri 2019: Messages & Greetings To Send To Your Loved Ones
- 8 hrs ago Saif Ali Khan And Soha Ali Khan Inspire Us To Wear Understated Outfits This Durga Puja
- News "Howdy Houston!" says Modi on arrival for a week-long US visit
- Automobiles Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped during the Navratri. Goddess Durga is the manifestation of power, peace, prosperity and knowledge. Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Parvati, Goddess Mahakali, Goddess Saraswati all are just the different forms of Goddess Durga. Among the nine days Puja, a Puja is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati as well. It is generally observed as a three-day festival where the Goddess is offered prayers for the last three days of Navratri. This year Saraswati Puja will be performed from October 15 to October 17. The second day is known as Saraswati Pradhan Puja.
Here is how you should perform Saraswati Puja during Navratri. Take a look.
- Idol of the goddess
- Mango leaves
- White cloth
Clean the house a day before Saraswati Puja. Clean the books and other items related to studying. Place all these items in the puja room. You do not need to keep all the books, just take one or two to place before the idol of the Goddess.
Place the idol of the Goddess on a high raised platform (such as a small table) at such a height that you can offer prayers while sitting on the floor. Take a woollen mat or cloth and use it for sitting during the Puja.
Place the white cloth as an offering before the Goddess. Light a lamp and incense before the Goddess. Offer flowers and fruits. Begin the Puja by invoking Lord Ganesha. Thereafter chant the name of Goddess Saraswati. Offer a vermilion tilak on the books, akshat (whole grains of rice, can be coloured with vermilion) and offer some flowers. After this, the aarti can be performed.
Vakratunda Mahakaya Surya Koti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kurume Dev Sarvakaryeshu Sarvada
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Vidya Rupen Sansthita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah
Why Worship Goddess Saraswati
Goddess Saraswati is the Hindu Goddess of art, learning, music, wisdom and knowledge. She is worshipped by Hindus in India and Nepal. She is one of the Tridevi - Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswati and Goddess Parvati. She is depicted as a beautiful innocent woman wearing a white saree and seated generally on a white lotus. The white colour that the Goddess wears symbolises peace, light and knowledge. It is this form of the Goddess which is known to remove the darkness of ignorance from the life of her devotees and provides wisdom to them.