- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu Elimination: Divi Gets Evicted In The Seventh Week
- News US elections 2020: Not how you talk about friends says Biden on Trump’s filthy air jibe
- Sports IPL 2020: Very disappointed we did not get the job done: David Warner after SRH’s loss to KXIP
- Finance Yes Bank Back On Track, Should You Buy The Stock?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S21+ CAD Renders Show Rear Camera, Flat Screen And More
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
The nine forms of Goddess Durga are worshipped during the Navratri. Goddess Durga is the manifestation of power, peace, prosperity and knowledge. Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Parvati, Goddess Mahakali, Goddess Saraswati all are just the different forms of Goddess Durga. Among the nine days Puja, a Puja is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati as well. It is generally observed as a three-day festival where the Goddess is offered prayers for the last three days of Navratri. This year Saraswati Puja will be performed from October 15 to October 17. The second day is known as Saraswati Pradhan Puja.
Here is how you should perform Saraswati Puja during Navratri. Take a look.
- Idol of the goddess
- Mango leaves
- White cloth
Clean the house a day before Saraswati Puja. Clean the books and other items related to studying. Place all these items in the puja room. You do not need to keep all the books, just take one or two to place before the idol of the Goddess.
Place the idol of the Goddess on a high raised platform (such as a small table) at such a height that you can offer prayers while sitting on the floor. Take a woollen mat or cloth and use it for sitting during the Puja.
Place the white cloth as an offering before the Goddess. Light a lamp and incense before the Goddess. Offer flowers and fruits. Begin the Puja by invoking Lord Ganesha. Thereafter chant the name of Goddess Saraswati. Offer a vermilion tilak on the books, akshat (whole grains of rice, can be coloured with vermilion) and offer some flowers. After this, the aarti can be performed.
Vakratunda Mahakaya Surya Koti Samaprabha
Nirvighnam Kurume Dev Sarvakaryeshu Sarvada
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Vidya Rupen Sansthita
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah
Why Worship Goddess Saraswati
Goddess Saraswati is the Hindu Goddess of art, learning, music, wisdom and knowledge. She is worshipped by Hindus in India and Nepal. She is one of the Tridevi - Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Saraswati and Goddess Parvati. She is depicted as a beautiful innocent woman wearing a white saree and seated generally on a white lotus. The white colour that the Goddess wears symbolises peace, light and knowledge. It is this form of the Goddess which is known to remove the darkness of ignorance from the life of her devotees and provides wisdom to them.