- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 4 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Sale 2022: Bring Home Boho Home Furnishing Items And Save Up To 70%
- 11 hrs ago Dustin Hoffman Birthday Special Irresistibly Versatile Actor Turns 85
- 19 hrs ago It’s Raining Offers On Amazon: Bag 60% Off On Handbags Today!
- Movies Taapsee Pannu Reveals Why She Is Never Invited To Koffee With Karan!
- News 3 dead, several injured in stampede at Rajasthan temple
- Finance 5 Midcap, Small Cap And Largecap Stocks To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan
- Technology Wordle For August 8: Hints, Clues For Today’s Impossible Wordle
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022, Day 11: India Schedule, Events List On August 8, Live Streaming, IST Time, TV Channel
- Education How Can MSc Business Analytics Boost Your Career Growth?
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Hunter 350 Launched At Rs 1,49,900 - The Lightest Enfield
- Travel Phang Nga Bay: James Bond Island
Swamy Raghavendra was a Hindu religious leader, a theologian and a saint, mainly popular in Karnataka, India. He is considered as the incarnation of Prahlad who was a great devotee of Lord Vishnu.
Every year the day when a Vrindqavan/Brindavan was construtured around Swamy Raghavendra, while he was sitting in a Samadhi position, is observed as Raghavendra Aradhana. It is celebrated on the second day during the Shukla Paksha in the month of Shravana, as per the South Indian calendar.
It is a three-day observation and this year it begins from August 27 and will continue to be celebrated on August 28 and 29 as well. The celebration of Raghavendra Aradhana will be held at Mantralaya village of Andhra Pradesh.
Life Story Of Raghavendra
Shri Raghavendra was a 16th-century saint and theologian. He was a strong believer of the Dwaita philosophy which was given by Madhavacharya. The Aradhana day celebrations is a three-day process, the first day is known as Purva Aradhana, the second day is called the Madhya Aradhana and the third one is known as the Uttar Aradhana.
An established player of veena, Raghavendra had composed a number of songs. All these songs were compiled under the name Venu Gopal by him. Raghavendra was the great-grandson of Krishna Bhattar, tutor during the reign of Krishna Dev Raya of the Vijaynagar Empire. Timmanacharya, his father, was an accomplished scholar and musician.
He had two siblings Gururaj and Venkatamba as well. His father died quite early and his education was then undertaken by his brother-in-law. As a youngster, he had no insight into the real meaning of renunciation. However, it was his debating skills that brought him the attention of many great personalities of those times.
Amongst these, there was a famous saint too. The saint, known as Sudhindra Tirtha, was the erstwhile pontiff of the Kumbakonam Muth. He became a monk on the demands of Sudhindra in the year 1621.
Raghavendra Succeeded As The Pontiff Of The Muth
The original name of Raghavendra Swamy was Venkatanath. Venkatanath succeeded his Guru Sudhindra Tirtha as the pontiff when he passed away in the year 1623. It was only after becoming the pontiff that he took on the name Raghavendra Tirtha.
He received the village Mantralaya as a present from the governor of Adoni. He even received grants from Dodda Kempadevaraja, the then king of Mysore.
As every saint is believed to, Swamy Raghavendra also had realized it, when he was about to die. Hinduism says that we should not use the terms ''died'' or ''passed away'' for saints, rather, the term '' left the body'' is used when a saint/ sage dies.
Therefore, as it is said, when he once sat in the Samadhi position in 1671, he had demanded that a tomb be erected around him. This tomb is today known as Brindavana. After he took the Samadhi, he was succeeded by his disciple Yogeendra Tirtha.
So, the day he took Samadhi is celebrated as Raghavendra Aradhana. This day is observed in almost all the muths and ashramas around the country. Guru Raghavendra Swamy is believed to have created many miracles during his lifetime. Thus, devotees have utter faith in him even today.
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 08 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 07 August To 13 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 07 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 06 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- zodiac signsBest Yoga Poses For 12 Zodiac Signs
- zodiac signsHow To Spend This Friendship Day, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan Astrological Remedies For Good Luck Of Brother(s)
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 05 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsHaving Visa Problems? Visit These Four Famous Visa Temples In India If You Are Planning To Go Abroad
- festivalsTriyuginarayan Temple: How To Reach, Time To Visit, History, Significance And Architecture
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 04 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsKaal Sarpa Dosha/ Yoga: Types, Remedies, Benefits And Exceptions