- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 14 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Anne Heche - Decoding The Late Actress' ‘Effortless’ Style
- 14 hrs ago Qualities In Men Who Know How To Handle Relationships Well
- 15 hrs ago Salman Rushdie Hospitalised: 15 Facts About The Author Of 'The Satanic Verses'
- Movies Laal Singh Chaddha Day 3 Box Office Collection: Aamir Khan's Film Shows Slight Growth
- Finance 12 Stocks To Buy Next Week As Recommended By Top Brokerage Houses
- Sports Premier League: Brentford humiliate Manchester United with 4-0 thrashing
- News Karnataka's Vidhana Soudha illuminated in Tricolour
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Sale: Best Deals On iQOO, OnePlus, Samsung & Xiaomi Phones
- Travel Benbulbin: Ireland's Prime Attraction
- Education TS EAMCET Result 2022 Declared @eamcet.tsche.ac.in; Check Scorecard Here
- Automobiles Ola Electric Car Teaser Video Out
Solar eclipse, Amavasya and a Saturday, all falling together on August 11, make it a highly important event this time because negative energies are believed to be comparatively more prominent on all these days. When a Muhurta (astrological time) occurs like that, it is called a Maha Sanyoga. Maha Sanyoga is a Sanskrit term which means - great occurrence of two or more events.
While there are a number of precautions that you need to take in order to protect yourself from the ill effects that generally might be caused due to an eclipse, the occurrence of Amavasya and the Saturday are making it even more fearful.
Negative Energies Might Become Prominent On Eclipse, Amavasya And Saturday
It is believed that an eclipse brings some kind of negative energies with it. An Amavasya, though generally dedicated to the worship of ancestors, is also used by the Tantriks (those who perform black magic) to perform black magic. Thus, it is said that negative energies prevail more actively in the environment on an Amavasya. The black magicians choose a Saturday more often, for carrying out the magical pujas to attract or control the spirits of the dead people. Therefore, the evil spirits are believed to be active on a Saturday night as well.
Plant This Tree Before Amavasya
Thus, the occurrence of the eclipse along with an Amavasya and a Saturday increase the overall chances of negative energies becoming more prominent, as per the astrologers. If the negative energies affect a person at all, such a day has all the capacity to cause harm to a person. However, the same Hariyali Amavasya can be used to protect oneself from all the kinds of negative energies, if you plant a Bilwa tree in your home.
Bilwa Tree Protects From The Negative Effects Of Eclipse, Amavasya & Saturday
Since the Shravana month is going on, Bilwa tree, mainly offered to Shiva, becomes more significant in this month. Planted on Hariyali Amavasya, it brings in good luck along with the blessings of Lord Shiva. As it the solar eclipse along with a Saturday's Amavasya on this day, it will protect you from all kinds of negative energies.
Shiva Purana Also Prescribes Planting Bilwa Tree
Not just this, the house where this tree is planted, becomes as pure as Kashi (the holy place dedicated to Lord Shiva), as said in the Shiva Purana. It is said that no tantrik powers or negative energies can affect such a house. The sins of more than past three lives get washed away when one offers Bilwa leaves on a Shiva linga under a Bilwa tree planted at home.
Planting this tree in the centre of the house and then watering it every day, is considered to bring virtues and the well-being of the family. Negative effects related to the unfavourable placement of Moon in the horoscope do not cause any harm when there is a Bilwa tree at home. This is so because both the moon and a Bilwa tree are associated with Lord Shiva. For instance, astrologers say, an unfavourable placement of Chandrama (Moon) can be one reason for the poor mental health of a person. Bilwa tree is believed to protect from such effects.
If we plant the Bilwa tree in the North-west, it brings respect and reputation to the members of the family. Planted in the centre of the house, it prevents family disputes and creates harmony among the members.
Bilwa Tree At Home: Rules To Follow
We must not pluck the leaves of Bilwa tree on a Monday, Amavasya or Purnima. We can, however, reuse the same leaf multiple times, after washing it. Make sure that it has not dried up and is not torn if you want to reuse it. And on every Dwadashi falling on a Sunday, we must light a lamp under this plant. Doing this brings prosperity to the house.
While offering the leaf to Shiva, make sure the smoother part of it is facing the deity. Make sure that no divine sign such as a Chakra, a trident etc., are not there on the leaf while offering it to Lord Shiva.
Worship Peepal Tree If Hariyali Amavasya Falls On A Saturday
Light a lamp under a Peepal tree, offer sweet dishes and worship the tree to get the blessings of Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu. Parikrama (rounds around the tree) is done.
Many people observe fasts on this day and eat it in the evening after making some donations.
It is said that plants get a new life on Hariyali Amavasya, thus we should plant as many trees as possible. That is why Shravani Amavasya is known as Hariyali Amavasya.
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 14 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- yoga spiritualityTanot Mata Mandir: History, Timings, When To Visit, And The War Miracles
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 13 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsSwarna Gauri Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha, And Celebrations
- zodiac signsSun Transit In Leo On 17 August 2022: Effects And Remedies On 12 Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 12 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsVaraha Jayanti 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Mantra, Vrat Katha, And Benefits
- faith mysticismWho Was Mandodari? Unknown Facts About King Of Lanka, Ravana's Wife
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Dos And Don’ts While Celebrating Rakhi
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan 2022: Mythological Stories Behind Rakhi Festival
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 11 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsSimha Sankranti 2022: Date, History, Worship Method, Puja Rituals, Olgia Festival