- 18 min ago Banana Leaves: Medicinal Benefits And Traditional Uses
- 45 min ago Girl Power At The Bayreuth Festival Opera In Germany
- 51 min ago Mouni Roy Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In Her Shimmering Black Saree; Her Makeup Game Is Strong Too!
- 2 hrs ago Happy Birthday Kriti Sanon: The 3 Stunning Saree Looks Of The Mimi Actress
- Movies Raj Kundra Case: Employees From Businessman's Viaan Industries Asked To Delete Obscene Content From Hotshots
- News 490 in 2010 and 2 in 2021: Abductions for levy by naxals sees big drop
- Technology Motorola Edge 20 Series Benchmarks Out; Edge 20 Pro's Design Also Tipped
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: NRAI to initiate assessment into India shooters' flop show in the Games
- Education JEE Advanced 2021 Update: JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date Announced, To Be Conducted On October 3. Check Schedule
- Finance Vi Launches ‘Vi Hero Unlimited’ Plan: Check Benefits Here
- Automobiles Tata Safari 10,000 Units Production Crossed In 5 Months Of India Launch: New Milestone Achieved!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
There are more than a million differences between Catholics and Protestants. While there have been some attempts over the last several years to find common ground between the two, the fact is that the differences remain. Both of these faiths are also equally important just as they were at the beginning of the Protestant Reformation.
People who belong out of Christianity are often in a dilemma as to what these two faiths are. To understand the faiths, it is commonly known that protestants don't believe in interceding to the Virgin Mary and the saints. Protestants believe the Bible alone is the sole source of God's revelation to mankind whereas Catholics firmly stand their ground that the source of God's revelation has much more windows apart from the Holy Bible.
Today, Boldsky has a list of differences between protestants and Catholics to help you understand the importance of both faiths. Both of these faiths are beautiful and the connection they have to Christ The King is unique and special in their own way. Protestants and Catholics are also peace loving people and when they unite together, they become one with Christ, although they have their set of differences.
Here are 8 shocking differences between protestants and Roman Catholics beliefs:
The Catholic faith believes in the authority of the Pope, where as protestants deny the existence of the Pope, since they believe in the power of only Jesus Christ.
Catholics believe in surrendering their sins to the Lord Almighty through the power of priests. However, protestant consider that their sins will be forgiven only through Jesus Christ and not through man.
Catholics consider the Virgin Mary to be holy, and may be prayed to as an intercessor to God. On the other hand, protestants consider Mother Mary to be chosen by God and to be the mother of Jesus through a virgin birth, but is otherwise simply a human with no other special attributes.
Protestant pastors believe in the ideology of getting married. However Roman catholic priest refrain from marriage and stay celibate.
Believing In Saints
Catholics believe that they are a special group of holy people, who are venerated and who act as intercessors between God and Man. But, protestants firmly believe that anyone who believes in Jesus is a saint.
Their Goals Of Religion
Peace, Love and wilful submission to God is what catholics believe in, whereas A relationship with Jesus is more than enough to be a part of Christianity.
Catholics consider the host to be the bread and body of Jesus Christ, but for protestants it is a symbolic of His death, and of the believer's commitment to Him.
Existence Of Purgatory
It is a place of cleansing and preparation for heaven. Catholics believe that it is a place where the punishment due to unremitted venial sins may be expiated, but protestants consider it to a void existence.