- Technology Week 10, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A32, Galaxy XCover 5, Gionee Max Pro, Redmi Note 10 5G And More
- News COVID-19: India records 18,599 new cases in last 24 hours
- Finance 5 New Post Office Rules For Account Holders
- Movies Anupama Parameswaran’s Mother Has THIS To Say About Wedding Reports Of Her Daughter With Jasprit Bumrah
- Sports NBA All-Star Game: Flawless MVP Giannis fuels Team LeBron past Team Durant
- Education Bihar CHO Result 2021 Declared, Check Candidates List For Document Verification
- Automobiles Best-Selling Cars In India For February 2021: Maruti Suzuki Continues To Dominate Sales Charts Yet Again!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
It's Friday, the 13th today. The most dreaded day and number. Around the world there are umpteen stories, myths and superstitions are prevalent surrounding the number 13. It is considered to be extremely unlucky in most of the cultures.
But that is the Western way of looking at it. Do you know how the Eastern cultures view number 13? You will be surprised to know that number 13 is considered to be lucky number and a lucky day in the calendar. In countries like Thailand and India, 13th is a lucky number and a lucky day as well.
It is a popular belief that Friday, the 13th is the most unluckiest day of the year. People refrain from doing anything important on this day. It is considered to be bad omen and a day in which accidents and mishaps are bound to happen. But what if we tell you that 13 is one of the most sacred and purest day of the year? Don't believe? Then read on:
In ancient Greece, Zeus was the thirteenth and the most powerful God of the Greek mythology. Thus, 13 is the symbol of incorruptible nature, power and purity.
13 Is For Spiritual Completion
13 is prime number and hence it can only be divisible by itself. Hence it is a complete number in itself. Thus 13th is the symbol of totality, completion and attainment.
The Thai new year is celebrated on the 13th of April. It is considered as an auspicious day when all the bad omens are washed away by splashing water on people.
13th day of any month is an extremely auspicious day according to Hinduism. 13th day is Trayodashi according to the Hindu calendar. This day is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Pradosh vrat observed in the honour of Lord Shiva usually falls on the 13th day of the month. The person who worships Lord Shiva on this day is blessed with wealth, children, happiness and prosperity. Hence, 13th is considered one of the most fruitful day of the month according to Hindu beliefs. Also Maha Shivaratri is also celebrated on the 13th night of the Magha month which is considered very sacred and holy for everyone.
Thus, if we do not fall in line with the Western views, then number 13 is nothing more than just a number. On contrary, if we look into our own Hindu beliefs, 13th can be the most luckiest day of your life. So, forget the fear and celebrate this Friday, the 13th with enthusiasm.