- 25 min ago Eid 2022: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Your Ethnic Outfit Guide From B-Town Beauties
- 57 min ago New WHO Initiative Aims To Stop The Spread Of Malaria Vectors: What You Should Know
- 1 hr ago Eating Refined Grains Such As White Rice May Increase Premature Heart Disease Risk
- 2 hrs ago Expert Article: 6 Ways To Style Your Dining Room
- News Thane court acquits Bakery owner in child labour case
- Sports India Women vs Pakistan Women: Pak score upset 13-run win to leave Asia Cup wide open
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Payal Rohatgi Voices Support For Sajid Khan’s Participation: He Has The Right To Repent
- Technology Google Pixel 7 Goes Out-of-Stock on Flipkart; When Can You Get Yours?
- Finance Multibagger Tata Group Stock Zooms 6% As Sales Grew Double-digit, Buy Stock: Says Motilal Oswal
- Automobiles Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro Electric Scooters Launched In India - Prices Start At Rs 1.45 Lakh
- Travel Great Pyramid of Giza: The Only Standing Structure from The Seven Wonders of The Ancient World
- Education Jamia Millia Islamia launches new MSc Virology program: know details and how to apply
The anticipation for gifts is an aspect of the Christmas spirit, across the world. A gift from Santa is the wish of all children during Christmas season.
There is a popular belief that Santa visit children by climbing down into the house through the chimney. Why Santa Claus Comes Down The Chimney to give Christmas gifts?
It is a known fact that Santa Claus whom we believe is St.Nicolas, who was born in 280 AD. St.Nicolas was a rich man, a priest who later became a bishop.
St. Nicholas, even as a young man was very generous. Tradition holds that St. Nicholas in order to help a man get his three daughters married, filled their, stockings, which they laid to dry near the fire place.
It is a belief among children that, Santa Claus comes down the chimney to give them gifts. Hence to this day it is a practice that children leave their stockings near the fire place.
As per another version, it is believed that Santa Claus throws gifts through the window. But the tradition of children not getting to see Santa Claus as he leaves his gift is still followed as gifts are placed under the Christmas tree y elders of the family, when the children are asleep.
Hence the belief as to why Santa Claus comes through the chimney to leave the Christmas gifts. Let us celebrate Christmas 2010, understanding the tradition.
- faith mysticismSt. Nicholas Day: Story Behind The Saint Putting Candy In Children's Boots And Inspiring Santa Claus
- lgbtqSanta Claus Looks For Male Partner In Controversial Norway Ad, With Some Positive Reactions, Too
- bollywood wardrobeChristmas 2020: Gift Your Little Sister This Cute Outfit And Hairbands Of Ananya Panday’s To Make Her Smile
- life12 Affordable Christmas Gift Ideas To Make Your Loved Ones Feel Special
- festivalsChristmas 2020: Traditions Related To This Festival And Symbols Attached To It
- faith mysticismWho Is Saint Nicholas In Christianity?
- pulseWhy Is Santa Claus Called 'Santa Claus'?
- faith mysticismWhy Does Santa Claus Wear Red?
- pulseChristmas Wishes â€“ Make The Best Wish
- faith mysticismIs Santa Claus Real?
- faith mysticismSanta Claus-Significance
- insyncMariah Carey Spreads Holiday Cheer To Underprivileged Kids