- Sports ISL 2019-20: Jamshedpur FC vs Kerala Blasters FC: Late Kerala shocker hands Jamshedpur welcome win
- News 6.0 magnitude earthquake jolts China's Xinjiang
- Movies Superstar Kiccha Sudeep Reacts To The Rumours Of Playing A Cop In Rajamouli’s RRR
- Technology YouTube Guide: Here's How To Delete Or Restore A Video
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
A disciple once approached his Guru and said that he did not find any progress despite devoting his time to meditation.
The Guru pointed out that he had not been really practising enough. He also alerted that death was immanent in about a week (for the disciple) and if he did not practise properly, self realisation would be postponed for several births.
The disciple on realising the seriousness of the issue, devoted his entire time for meditation. At the end of seven days, an impenetrable calmness had descended on him. When he met the Guru, the Guru pointed out that in his earlier efforts there was a lack of diligence and dedication. Hence he had to lie to him that he was to die in a week simply to push him to practise more. He also pointed out that only dedicated efforts can bring about self realisation.
The Hindu story thus conveys the truth of diligent efforts.