- 1 hr ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Katy Perry, Jacqueline Fernandez, And More
- 1 hr ago No Shave November Special: Tips To Maintain A Healthy Beard
- 2 hrs ago Planning A Wedding? Check Out This Honest And Hilarious Wedding Invitation Card
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 November 2019
- Sports India Vs Bangladesh: Rohit Sharma works on slip catching during lunch break, hard work pays off
- News Always report the truth fearlessly: Mamata urges media on National Press Day
- Movies Ileana D'Cruz Reveals How She Dealt With Her Breakup With Boyfriend Andrew Kneebone
- Technology Redmi K30 5G Launch Confirmed For 2020, Could Be Most Affordable 5G Smartphone
- Automobiles Maruti Eeco Sales Up 50 Percent In October: After Omni Discontinued
- Finance Bill Gates Reclaims The World’s Richest Person Title
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
A disciple once approached his Guru and said that he did not find any progress despite devoting his time to meditation.
The Guru pointed out that he had not been really practising enough. He also alerted that death was immanent in about a week (for the disciple) and if he did not practise properly, self realisation would be postponed for several births.
The disciple on realising the seriousness of the issue, devoted his entire time for meditation. At the end of seven days, an impenetrable calmness had descended on him. When he met the Guru, the Guru pointed out that in his earlier efforts there was a lack of diligence and dedication. Hence he had to lie to him that he was to die in a week simply to push him to practise more. He also pointed out that only dedicated efforts can bring about self realisation.
The Hindu story thus conveys the truth of diligent efforts.