- 1 hr ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 4 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 5 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 7 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Sports Have a lot of respect for Sourav and to hell with those who don't understand: Ravi Shastri
- Movies Actor Vijay Verma Is All Set To Star In Reema Kagti’s New Web Series Titled Fallen
- News CAB protest: UGC NET exam in Assam, Meghalaya postponed; govt employees to cease work on Dec 18
- Technology How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Osho, while at school as a small boy, happened to see a wresteling competition, conducted district wise. He refelcts on that match in order to educate his followers on the importance of 'being yourself'.
The most famous wrestler who was to become a champion, lost to an ordinary man who did have any kind of a recognition.
The wrestler's defeat was shocking to the whole crowd, which burst out laughing after a while. The wrester too joined the crowd in laughter. His laughter was uproarious and the crowd wondered at his most unexpected reaction.
Osho, later approached the wrestler and said, “This is strange and I loved it. It was totally unexpected"
The man replied, “It was totally unexpected and that is why I also laughed. I had never imagined that I would be defeated by an ordinary man. I found the whole thing ridiculous and thats why I laughed"
Years later, when Osho visited that town, where the man lived, the wrestler, who was an old man came to meet him. He told Osho, “Do you remember me? As a small child you came up to me and said, 'You are the real winner and the other is defeated. You have defeated the whole crowd' Since then I have not been unable to forget your face as well."
Osho says that he was unable to forget the man who laughed and clapped his hands in the crowd, participating.
Osho goes on to say, that it requires tremendous courage to 'be yourself' in success and failure, praise and condemnation.
When one knows his true self, such courage, which facilitates one to be himself at all phases emerges.
Source: 'Far beyond stars'