- 2 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 2 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 2 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- 3 hrs ago The Navy Officer’s Wife Vidya Raju Rescues 20 Kg Python, Video Goes Viral
- News US house panel approves charges against Donald Trump, sets up impeachment vote
- Sports I League 2019-20: Preview: Quess East Bengal looking to sustain momentum against TRAU ahead of Kolkata Derby
- Movies Taimur Ali Khan Wants Two Birthday Cakes Reveals Mum Kareena Kapoor!
- Technology 4 Ways to Block Someone on Gmail
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
A short story, a Sufi story narrated by Osho on Laila and Majnu conveys the truth.
The story of Laila and Majnu is known to everybody, but the fact that Laila was not beautiful is new to many.
Majnu who hailed from a poor family fell in love with Laila with aristocratic roots. He was desperately trying to reach out to her and was continuously praying to God.
The king who came to know about his plight, summoned him and told him that he knew of Laila and her family and that she was not beautiful at all. He said, “Had she been a beauty she would have become a part of my Harem. I give you a chance to forgo your feelings for Laila and choose one from my harem"
Majnu looked closely at all the beauties who was brought to his presence. He told the king, “My Lord, please do pardon me, for you have been very kind to me. None of the women here are as beautiful as Laila. You will have to look through my eyes to see the beauty of her being!"
Osho says, the heart does not work like the mind which is fed by senses. Anything that arises from it cannot be rationalise, which forms the core of this short story.