- 10 min ago Arjun Kapoor’s Panipat Promotions Wardrobe Has All The Outfits Which Can Make You Look Stylish
- 40 min ago Hair Dyes Can Increase The Risk Of These 6 Diseases
- 56 min ago Jacqueline Fernandez, Nushrat Bharucha Give Us Winter-perfect And Summer-ideal Airport Attire Goals
- 1 hr ago 7 Ways To End A Dry Spell In Your Relationship And Have A Healthy Sex life
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Sports Sunil Chhetri is irreplaceable: Igor Stimac
- Movies Venky Mama Pre-release Business: Venkatesh-Naga Chaitanya Movie Strikes A Good Deal!
- News 'Justice should not be revenge', says CJI SA Bobde a day after Hyderabad encounter
- Technology OnePlus 8 Lite Design Revealed Via CAD-Based Renders
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
A thief once approached Nagarjuna, a Buddhist mystic saint and said that he had seen a lot of masters and they had all instructed him to give up robbing.
The thief said, “I can't give up robbing. So guide me if you can in a different way other than asking me to stop robbing"
The master condemned the other masters' instruction and came up with a new way for the thief to follow. He said, “No, I will not ask you to stop robbing. All I ask you to do is to be aware and alert whenever you are about to rob"
A fortnight passed and the thief returned to the master and called him a cheater!
He then related the consequence of following his guidance.
The thief had broke into the palace to rob the king. To his joy he found a lot of precious gems which he wanted to whisk away. But he remembered the master's instructions to be alert. He said, “Each time I tried to be alert while trying to rob, my hand ceased to move and when my hand moved towards the booty, I was not being alert"
The master said, “Well this is exactly the result of being alert and you have understood it correctly!"
The key of awareness is with oneself, which is the gateway to eternal bliss.