- 8 hrs ago Vidya Balan's Shakuntala Devi Poster Look Is About Red Floral Sari And A Bob Hairdo
- 8 hrs ago Skincare Routine Step 4: Essence - What Is It And How To Use It
- 9 hrs ago World Patient Safety Day 2019: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety
- 9 hrs ago Tiger Shroff Stylishly Takes A Dig At War Co-star Hrithik Roshan With His Krrish Tee
- News What makes temple elephants so popular in India
- Movies Street Dancer 3D: Nora Fatehi Says Varun Dhawan & Shraddha Kapoor Took Her Under Their Wings
- Technology GTA: San Andreas Available For Free: Download Now Using Rockstar Games Launcher
- Sports Svitolina through in Guangzhou, Wang crashes out
- Automobiles Renault Kwid Facelift Interiors Spied Ahead Of India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
A thief once approached Nagarjuna, a Buddhist mystic saint and said that he had seen a lot of masters and they had all instructed him to give up robbing.
The thief said, “I can't give up robbing. So guide me if you can in a different way other than asking me to stop robbing"
The master condemned the other masters' instruction and came up with a new way for the thief to follow. He said, “No, I will not ask you to stop robbing. All I ask you to do is to be aware and alert whenever you are about to rob"
A fortnight passed and the thief returned to the master and called him a cheater!
He then related the consequence of following his guidance.
The thief had broke into the palace to rob the king. To his joy he found a lot of precious gems which he wanted to whisk away. But he remembered the master's instructions to be alert. He said, “Each time I tried to be alert while trying to rob, my hand ceased to move and when my hand moved towards the booty, I was not being alert"
The master said, “Well this is exactly the result of being alert and you have understood it correctly!"
The key of awareness is with oneself, which is the gateway to eternal bliss.