- 3 hrs ago Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- 5 hrs ago When Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- 7 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 9 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI: Highlights, Post-Match Presentation as match gets washed out in Hamilton
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- News Dealing with China will be a 'challenge' for India during its G20 Presidency: Ex-dy NSA Saran
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Finance Geojit Recommends Accumulate This Multibagger Mid Cap Stock For Robust Gains, Target Price Rs 634
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
With just under eight years left to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), actress and producer Priyanka Chopra Jonas said "a just, safe and healthy world" is the right of every individual which can become a reality with global solidarity. During her appearance at the 2022 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Moment opening remarks at the United Nations General Assembly, Priyanka Chopra weighed in on some of the world's most pressing issues, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, climate crisis and poverty.
"We meet today at a critical point in our world, at a time when global solidarity is more important than ever. As countries continue to struggle from the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, as the climate crisis appends lives and livelihoods, as conflicts rage, and as poverty displacement, hunger and inequalities destroy the very foundation of the more just world that we have fought for for such a long time," Priyanka said in the speech shared by the UN via YouTube on Monday, September 19.
The UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador said "all is not well with our world". "These crises did not happen by chance but they can be fixed with a plan. We have that plan, the UN Sustainable Development Goals - a to-do list for the world. These goals were created hand in hand with people around the world in 2015; together we have an extraordinary opportunity to change the world that we live in," she added.
According to the UN, the SDGs are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and improve the lives and prospects of everyone, everywhere. The 17 Goals were adopted by all UN Member States in 2015, as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development which set out a 15-year plan to achieve the Goals.
Stressing that the deadline to achieve the SDGs is fast approaching, Priyanka said the present and the future of the world rest "in our hands".
"We owe it to our people, we owe it to our planet. We all deserve a just, safe and healthy world to live in...but time is running out. We are nearly halfway to the 2030 deadline to achieve these goals."
"In this room of our representatives of the very who signed up those goals in 2015, leaders who can make that plan a reality, in partnership with all of us. So, today is about action, it's about ambition, but it is also about hope. It is about what we must do together to make the SDGs a reality," the 40-year-old actor said.
The SDG Moment serves to place an annual spotlight on the Sustainable Development Goals. It takes place as the world faces a deepening cost-of-living crisis that carries huge implications for the advancement of the SDGs, especially in developing countries.
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra’s Chikankari Pantsuit Is The Perfect Reflection Of Power Dressing With Traditional Artistry
- bollywood wardrobeAlia Bhatt To Priyanka Chopra, Ace The Blazer Fashion Like B-Town Boss Ladies
- body carePriyanka Chopra's DIY Answers For Monsoon And Winter Beauty Problems
- womenPriyanka Chopra Visits Kenya As UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, Urges People To Donate Amid Hunger Crisis
- womenPriyanka Chopra's Interview Of US Vice President Kamala Harris And Her Thoughts On Equal Pay
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra, The Glam Diva In In Backless Black Dress Gives Chic Fashion Goals
- hair carePriyanka Chopra’s DIY Yoghurt Hair Mask: Say Goodbye To Itchy-Dry Scalp
- hair careDeepika Padukone To Priyanka Chopra: The Short Hairstyles Guide From B-Town Divas
- bollywood wardrobeKiara Advani To Kareena Kapoor Khan, Easy Ways To Style Wide-Leg Pants Like B-Town Babes
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra Jonas And Deepika Padukone: Can't Take Your Eyes Off Them! Divas Up The Fashion Bar Again
- make up tipsPriyanka Chopra Jonas Inspires Us To Up Our Makeup Game With Sleek Winged Eye Makeup And Icy Eye Shadow
- bollywood wardrobePriyanka Chopra Jonas Surprises Us With Her Patterned Skirt Set; Take A Look At Her Gold-Toned Earrings Too!