- 1 hr ago National Girl Child Day 2020: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- 2 hrs ago Kangana Ranaut's Hairband Wouldn't Have Made Frida Kahlo Happy But Her Outfit Is Pretty
- 4 hrs ago Exclusive: Signs That You Are Dating A F**kboy, Let’s Hear It From Women!
- 4 hrs ago Here’s Why You Must Not Beg Your Partner To Stay In A Relationship
- News On Balasaheb's 94th birthday, MNS unveils new saffron flag, fuels speculation on ideology
- Sports Ready for any eventuality if it's good for team - Kane Williamson on captaincy
- Movies Kangana Ranaut On Nirbhaya Case: Such Criminals Should Be Hanged Publicly To Set An Example
- Technology Canon EOS-1DX Mark III Launched At Rs. 5,75,995: Everything You Need To Know
- Finance SBI Customers Can Make Payment Even Without Carrying Cash: This Is How
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Mother Teresa was born on 26 August 1910 in Skopje, the capital of the Republic of Macedonia. She was a Roman Catholic Nun, who spent most of her life in serving the sick and poor in Calcutta, India where she founded the Missionaries of Charity.
In 1952, she first opened a home for the sick, destitute and people who were on the verge of dying. Her work touched people's lives so much that by 2013, there were 700 missions operating in over 130 countries.
Her gentle touch worked like a miracle for people with various health problems. In the year 1979, Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. In 2016, she was canonised by the Roman Catholic Church as Saint Teresa because of her charitable, selfless work.
Mother Teresa died on 5 September 1997 in Calcutta.
On her birthday, here are some Mother Teresa quotes on love, life and happiness.
"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
"Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love but to use violence to get what they want."
"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love."
"Work without love is slavery."
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
"I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things."
"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love."
"If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one."
"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family."
"Peace begins with a smile."