- 10 min ago Jacqueline Fernandez goes retro in co-ord set! PICS
- 48 min ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 4 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- 4 hrs ago FDCI X Lakmé Fashion Week Returns To Mumbai, To Be Held In October 2022
- Sports Ajinkya Rahane set to miss IPL 2022, India's tour of England with injury, blow to senior batter
- Finance Employees Of This Company Will Now Receive Their Salary In Gold
- News IMD withdraws red alert as rain subsides; Orange Alert issued in 5 districts of Kerala
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
- Movies IIFA Postponed To Mid-July 2022 Following UAE President's death
- Automobiles Best Off-Road SUVs In India: Thar, Gurkha, Fortuner & More
- Technology JioPhone Next Up For Grabs At Rs. 4,499: Here’s How To Get It
- Education Goa Board SSC, HSSC Result 2022 Declared At gbshse.info, Download GBSHSE Term 1 Exam Result Here
Josh, India's fastest growing and most engaging short-video app, and the MASH Project Foundation, an award-winning social enterprise that is enabling an ecosystem for social impact, joined hands with Paint It Red to organise the #50daysofschool campaign from January 2022, to educate the youth of Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities about menstruation and the stigma around it.
All About the #50daysofschool Campaign
Leveraging the power of short-video content, the campaign aims to create awareness among the audience, especially the youth and inspire them to start discussions about sanitisation and period problems amongst females.
On the larger scale, the focal point is understanding the need for sanitisation, the bodily changes in a female when she is menstruating, and overcoming of stigma attached to periods. The outreach for the videos in the campaign was tremendous, with a reach of 54.8 Million people and liked by 4.2 Million Josh users.
The narrative of the campaign was to educate and empower girls of Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities of India. The campaign aimed to spread awareness about how education for girls is important and address the factors of menstruation that were disrupting the cycle of continuous attendance at schools.
Ananya Chhaochharia, Founder, Paint It Red, said about the campaign, "Paint It Red has been working to reduce period poverty by educating, engaging and empowering communities across 11 states in the country. Intersectionality and inclusion are essential pillars of our work, which is why we feel that non-menstruators should be made part of the solution to ending period poverty and stigma. This was the primary motivation entering into this collaboration. We were excited to work with young and enthusiastic partners like MASH and Josh to ensure that our message reaches the masses. And it has indeed been an amazing experience."
Aashish Beergi, Founder & CEO, MASH Project Foundation, said, "The need for education is unparalleled, and as the youth, it is on our shoulders to reach out to the ones who would benefit from it. Mash Project Foundation is proud to amplify the narrative of women's education with the 50 Days of School campaign. The need for discussions about taboos around menstruation that hold girls back from receiving proper education, needs to be addressed and igniting conversations about these issues is what the campaign centrally aimed at doing."
Sunder Venketraman, Head of Creator and Content Ecosystem, Josh, said, "It's unfortunate that there is still so much stigma and taboo surrounding a natural bodily function like menstruation in this day and age. It is critical to begin having dialogues about period stigma and eliminate the myths that surround it. Josh is proud to be a part of this inclusive discourse and to utilize our platform to address and magnify the concern about eradicating the stigma."
Rubeena Singh, Country Manager, Josh, "Despite our advancements as a society, there still exists a stigma around menstruation which is really unfortunate. These stigmas, founded on myths, have an adverse impact on the young girls of our country, especially in terms of keeping them out of school and thus hampering their education. We, at Josh, are proud to include users across the country into this conversation as we raise awareness about this stigma and take the pledge to end it. By engaging in meaningful, inclusive conversations, we hope to change mindsets and impact effective change."
Josh is a made-in-India, short-video app launched in August 2020 by VerSe Innovation. It represents a confluence of India's top 1000+ best creators, 20000 strong managed community of creators, the 10 biggest music labels, 15+ million UGC creators, best in class content creation tools, the hottest entertainment formats, and formidable user demographics. Josh has been consistently rated as the leading Indian short-video app in India on the Play store with 100 million+ downloads. Josh is currently the fastest growing and most engaged short-video app in India with 115+ million MAUs (Monthly Active Users) and 56+ million DAUs (Daily Active Users).
About MASH Project Foundation
MASH Project Foundation is an award-winning social enterprise committed to building and empowering a global community of social changemakers. It works with national and international organisations to deliver high-quality social impact through its interventions on community building, capacity development and amplifying impact through campaigns and communication solutions.
- pulse#RealHai: Participate In Josh's Biggest Challenge & Stand A Chance To Go To IIFA 2022
- life#RealHai: Sidharth Malhotra And Hansika Motwani Encourage People To Celebrate Their Unfiltered Version
- lgbtqJosh And MASH Project Foundation Partner With Nazariya LGBT Resource Group For #MeriLoveLanguage Campaign
- wellnessCancer Se Ladai: Josh App And MASH Project Foundation's Cancer Awareness Campaign With Lung Care Foundation
- lifeBharat Ke Veer - A Campaign For War Wounded Soldiers And VeerNaari
- pet careJosh App And MASH Project Foundation Launch #PawsAndPlay Campaign
- nutritionLeading Short Video App Josh And MASH Project Foundation Collaborate To Launch #HungerHarega Challenge
- pulse1 Year Of Josh: Winners Of #EkNumberChallenge Announced! Are You One Of Them?
- pulse1 Year Of Josh: Hurry Up And Participate In #EkNumberChallenge; Contest Ends On August 26!
- lifeJosh App Collaborates With Earth Day Network India For 'Healthy Planet, Healthy Hum' Campaign
- insync1 Year Of Josh: Win Up To Rs 50K In The #EkNumber Challenge And Meet Top Celebs; Participate Now!
- health#InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign