- 4 hrs ago Children Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- 6 hrs ago Single Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- 7 hrs ago Indian Festival Of Holi In Germany: The Colourful Summer Party
- 9 hrs ago Guru Hargobind Singh Birth Anniversary 2022: Interesting Facts About The Sixth Guru Of The Sikhs
- Sports High jumper Tejaswin Shankar to be part of Indian contingent for CWG 2022: AFI tells HC
- Finance Emkay Global Bets On This Maharatna Stock For 36% Potential Gains, Details Inside
- News SC refuses to cancel bail granted to Malayalam film producer Vijay Babu in sexual assault case
- Movies Lock Upp Fame Payal Rohatgi Looks Resplendent In Pink Bandhani Suit At Her Mehndi Ceremony; SEE PICS
- Automobiles Hyundai Teases New N Concept & Ioniq 5 N Ahead Of July 15 Debut
- Technology Lava Blaze Pre-Orders To Debut On July 7 In India: Should You Book?
- Education TBSE 10th, 12th Result 2022 Declared At tbresults.tripura.gov.in, Check Tripura Madhyamik, HS Result
- Travel Great Barrier Reef: Planet's Natural Ornaments
'A mother is always put on more of a guilt trip than men are,'' says Sania Mirza in the latest issue of Femina. The living embodiment of girl power in Indian sport, Sania Mirza has been making all the right moves from the moment she stepped onto the tennis court as a teen. Be it after injuries, marriage or motherhood, Sania has always made a smashing return to tennis. Acing the roles of wife, mother, and sporting icon to perfection, Sania shines in the February issue of Femina in a cover story that sees her smashing the patriarchy and encouraging mothers through her awe-inspiring journey.
Having become a mother back in October 2018, the opportunity to make a comeback to the sport that made her a global icon was tough, but only a matter of time. Speaking about it, Sania shares, "The first step was losing around 23 kilos. Once that happened, I started to look at coming back. About six months after I gave birth to Izhaan, my body told me that it was a realistic possibility that I could make a comeback."
Just like for any sportsperson out there, the pandemic put a spanner in the works with regard to her training schedule, especially after she had made a much-awaited comeback. Reminiscing on her time during the lockdown, she says, "I have also put a lot of things into perspective, with the feeling of being blessed and grateful for being healthy and having a roof over my head. With tennis, I kept telling myself that I had worked hard to make a strong comeback, and would always think of the bigger problems of the world at large. I just hope we come out on the better side of this!''
Despite giving countless girls across the country the inspiration to pick up a tennis racket and make waves in a male-dominated sport and society, Sania has never failed to voice her opinion on the gender disparity that exists. "We do live in a man's world; I think a lot of things are a lot easier for men in this world. I don't think we, as parents, need to prove ourselves but the mother is always put on more of a guilt trip than men are. I think they are made to feel that they are not doing a good job as mothers, whether it comes to breastfeeding, or going back to work after having a child. I do think mothers are judged a bit more, but I do not think they necessarily need to prove themselves to anybody."
Get the latest issue of Femina, now on stands, to read about Sania Mirza's upcoming projects, her special moments with Izhaan, her thoughts on marriage and motherhood, her preparation during matches, and her role models, among other fascinating topics.
- bollywood wardrobeEid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- relationshipExclusive: Sania Mirza Smashes Women Stereotypes, Talks About Relationships In MTV Nishedh
- bollywood wardrobeSania Mirza And Izhaan Mirza Malik Turn Stylish Mother-Son Duo In Their Sporty Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeYour Guide To 10 Stunning Traditional Suits For Festivals Inspired By Celebrities
- fashion trendsSania Mirza’s Floral Pantsuit Is What You Can Wear When Working At Home
- women fashionInstagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Anushka Sharma, Sania Mirza, Kourtney Kardashian And More
- fashion trendsSania Mirza Speaks Up About Self-Love As She Flaunts Two Lovely And Sophisticated Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeSania Mirza And Her Son Izhaan Mirza Malik Twin In White On Eid And Give Major Mother-Son Goals
- bollywood wardrobeSania Mirza Gives Fashion Notes On How To Ace Ethnic Outfits At Festivals And Other Occasions
- bollywood wardrobeLakme Fashion Week Summer Resort 2020: Sania Mirza Gives Us Sustainable Fashion Goal With Her Attire
- bollywood wardrobeSania Mirza And Anam Mirza Give Us Twinning Moment With Vibrant Bridal Lehengas
- bollywood wardrobeSania Mirza Keeps Her Jewellery Game Strong At Sister, Anam Mirza's Wedding Festivities