- 36 min ago Miss India 2022: Sini Shetty From Karnataka Wins The Beauty Pageant
- 14 hrs ago Expert Article: Receded Gums, Its Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 16 hrs ago July 2022: Numerological Predictions For This Month
- 19 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 July To 09 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Wimbledon: Sinner labels Alcaraz triumph one of his best after sinking Spanish star's hopes
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 12 Episode 2 Highlights: Erika Packard Gets Eliminated From The Rohit Shetty Show
- News Denmark: Several people shot at Copenhagen shopping mall, police say
- Education PSEB Class 10th Result 2022 : Punjab Board Likely To Declare 10th Results In First Week Of July
- Technology Week 26, 2022 Launch Roundup: OnePlus Nord 2T, Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, Nokia G11 Plus, And More
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Himalayan Gets Two New Colour Options
- Finance Gold Rates Increase Around Rs. 1350 In India In Past 2 Days: See Why?
- Travel Some Great Tips For Mothers Traveling With Infants And Children
You would be pleased to know that Delhi Police is the first force in India to have an all-women Swat team. We know that you would be eager to know more about this team. Scroll down to read more.
The women SWAT team was inducted on 10 August 2018 by the then Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The women's team underwent 15 months of rigorous training. In order to train the team in the best possible manner, specialists from abroad and all over India were called. The team comprises 36 women from Northeastern states. Out of these 36 , 13 hail from Assam while others are from Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim.
The credit for forming and training an all-women SWAT team goes to Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik. Talking to the press, he said, "The team is ready to take on hostage crises and terror strikes in urban areas. The members of this all-women SWAT team received better ratings at the Police Training College in Jharoda Kalan than their male counterparts."
The team was also deployed at the Red Fort and India Gate during the Independence Day 2018 celebrations. The SWAT team is well-trained in handling any hostage crisis, terrorists encounter, unarmed combat, ambush and counter ambush and search and frisk activities. They are also well-trained in jungle operations, ensuring VVIP security and vehicle/bus intervention. Not only this, but they also have the extensive knowledge of IEDs and explosives.
In a training programme, they beautifully demonstrated a building intervention that aimed at hostage neutralization. Three women commandos slithered down the three-storeyed building using the spider, abseiling and Australian techniques. They were also aiming and shooting at the terrorists hiding at different floors simultaneously.
When asked how they feel after going through such tough and rigorous training, one of the commandos said, "Our training was quite good and we learned many things. We are now determined to use our knowledge, presence of mind and skills in safeguarding our motherland."
Another commando said, "My parents never discriminated between me and my brother and I am thankful for this. I wish that the coming generation do not face any gender biasing, discrimination or stereotypes."
This International Women's Day, we salute the hard work, sheer determination and will-power of these wonder women in safeguarding our country. We hope this will become a milestone in the path of women empowerment.
- bollywood wardrobeOn International Women’s Day 2021, Rashami Desai Shares Thoughts On Empowerment And Flaunts Her Pink Dress
- make up tipsInternational Women’s Day 2021: New Generation Divas And Their Inspiring Makeup Game
- insyncInternational Women’s Day 2021: Google Doodle Highlights And Honours The Women’s Firsts
- womenInternational Women’s Day 2021: Famous Quotes And Saying By Some Renowned Women
- womenInternational Women’s Day 2021: Sexist And Negative Things That Women Often Get To Hear
- diet fitnessInternational Women's Day: 7 Yoga Poses To Induce Periods Naturally
- basicsInternational Women's Day Special: 12 Possible Causes Of Premature Or Early Menopause
- beyond loveInternational Women's Day 2022: Empowering Relationship Advice For Women
- fashion trendsWomen’s Day 2021: Karishma Shahani Khan Speaks About Her Label, Responsible Fashion, And Digital Fashion Week
- bollywood wardrobeSonam Kapoor Ahuja Proves She Is The Ultimate Heroine With These Three Dramatic Gowns
- fashion trendsInternational Women’s Day 2020: Top Jewellery Ideas That Can Make You Feel Empowered
- womenWomen’s Day 2022: What Colour Should You WearOn This Special Day?