- 1 hr ago Venus Transit In Gemini 13 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 2 hrs ago Shenaz Treasury Diagnosed With Prosopagnosia; Know About The Condition That Causes 'Face Blindness'
- 3 hrs ago July 2022: Auspicious Wedding Dates With Muhurat Timings
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 30 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports Malaysia Open: Sindhu in quarterfinal, to meet Tai Tzu Ying, Prannoy shocks No 4 Chou Tien
- Automobiles 2022 Kia Seltos Revealed & It's Coming To India Very Soon
- Finance This Post Office Scheme Offers Better, Higher Interest Rate Than Many Top Bank FDs
- Movies Anupamaa: Rohit Bakshi Reveals Why He Took Up The Role Of Ankush & Fans' Feedback
- Technology Moto G62 5G With Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC India Launch Soon; All Details Here
- News Ajit Doval highlights salience of maritime security
- Education NVS Recruitment Result 2022 Declared At navodaya.gov.in, Download Here
- Travel Simple Train Travel hacks For Comfortable Experience
In a move to encourage more girls to pursue and complete higher education without financial constraints, the Tamil Nadu government on March 18 announced a monthly deposit of Rs 1,000 in the bank accounts of girl students. Approximately six lakh girls can benefit by this move, Finance Minister Palanivel Thiaga Rajan told the Assembly.
"An amount of Rs 698 crore is allotted for this scheme," he said while presenting the Budget for 2022 - 23. As per the announcement, all girls from classes 6 to 12 in government schools would be paid the Rs 1,000 till the uninterrupted completion of their undergraduate degree, diploma and ITI courses. The students would be eligible for this scheme in addition to other scholarships, the Minister said.
Representational picture by PTI
Recognising the low enrolment ratio of girls from government schools in higher education, the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Memorial Marriage Assistance Scheme is being transformed into Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance Scheme, he said.
The implementation of the existing schemes of EVR Maniammaiyar Memorial Widow's Daughter Marriage Assistance Scheme, Dr Muthulakshmi Reddy Memorial Inter-Caste Marriage Assistance Scheme, Annai Teresa Orphan Girls Marriage Assistance Scheme and Dr Dharmambal Ammaiyar Memorial Widow Remarriage Assistance Scheme would continue without any change, said the Minister.
- womenJosh, Paint It Red & Mash Project Come Together To Empower The Girl Child With #50Daysofschool Campaign
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- womenMarriageable Age Limit For Women May Be Raised To 21 Years In India
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child: UNICEF Celebrity Advocate Ayushmann Khurrana's Message To India
- womenExclusive: The Pandemic and Girls' Education - 11 Million Girls May Never Go Back To School And Here's Why
- lifeNational Girl Child Day 2021: History And Significance Of This Day
- parents and childrenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter
- womenCelebrating Girls For Life: Campaign For International Day of the Girl Child On October 11
- womenNational Girl Child Day 2022: 10 Quotes That Will Empower You
- womenThis Project Aims To Celebrate The Father-Daughter Bond And Educate Girl Children
- womenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2019: Best 'Save The Girl Child' Slogans And Sayings
- womenInternational Day of the Girl Child 2019: Importance of Educating The Girl Child In Indian Society