- 1 hr ago Navratri 2022: 5 Ways To Detox After Navratri Celebrations
- 1 hr ago Durga Puja 2022: Alia Bhatt To Bipasha Basu, Durga Puja Outfits Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- 2 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Four Famous Akhand Jyoti Temples
- 2 hrs ago Malavika Mohanan's Beauty Routine: A Combo Of Her Malayali Roots And Holistic Care
- News Kerala govt opposes plea challenging reservation policy and fee waiver in KSCSA
- Technology Infinix Note 12i 2022 With 6.7-inch AMOLED, Helio G85 Launched
- Finance RBI Policy: MSME To Have Dual Headwinds, Rising Inflation & Rising Interest Costs: Analyst
- Sports Transfer Rumours: Erling Haaland still on Real Madrid radar
- Movies Vivek Agnihotri Labels Koffee With Karan ‘Artificial'; Reasons Out Why He Would Never Appear On The Show
- Automobiles BYD Inaugurates New Showroom In Jaipur - Expands Operations Ahead Of Atto 3 Electric SUV Launch
- Travel The Fergana Valley: A Picturesque Ethnic Melting Pot
- Education JALDOOT App: An App to Make Farmers Prosper and Villages Grow
Bhagwani Devi Dagar, a 94-year-old Indian sprinter, won the gold medal in the 100-meter sprint at the World Masters Athletics Championships in Finland.
Image Source: Dept of Sports MYAS/Twitter
She finished first in the gold with a time of 24.74 seconds and also took home the bronze in shot-put.
Bhagwani Devi, a native of Haryana, was congratulated on Monday by the governor of Haryana, Bandaru Dattatreya, and the chief minister, Manohar Lal Khattar.
According to Khattar, she has developed into a source of inspiration for the entire globe, at the age of 94.
"This achievement of hers will work to fuel enthusiasm among the youth. Bhagwani Devi has once again proved that age is not a barrier to achieving anything in life. "
Union Minister Hardeep Singh Puri tweeted, "Inspirational! Even at 94, Bhagwani Devi Ji wins a #Gold in the 100-meter sprint and two #Bronze medals for India at the World Masters Athletics Championships 2022 in Finland.
Image Source: Hardeep Singh Puri/Twitter
The World Masters Athletics Championships that took place this year were planned to take place in Toronto, Canada, from 20 July to 1 August, 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 epidemic, it was postponed and then took place from June 29 to July 10.
At the National Masters Athletics Championships, which were held in Chennai, Bhagwani won three gold medals, following which she earned a spot at the World Masters Championships.
According to reports, Bhagwani has also won gold in javelin throw, 100 m sprint and shot put earlier in Delhi Athletics Championship.
Another athlete, Rambai, who is a 105-year-old woman from Haryana too, ran 100 metres at the National Open Masters Athletics Championships in Vadodara last month. The Haryana-born athlete finished the 200 metres on Sunday in one minute, 52 seconds and the 100 metres on June 15, winning two gold medals during the tournament.
- bollywood wardrobeDurga Puja 2022: Alia Bhatt To Bipasha Basu, Durga Puja Outfits Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- womenAll Women Entitled To Safe, Legal Abortion; Rape Includes Marital Rape For Purpose Of MTP Act: SC
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 9: Deepika Padukone To Sara Ali Khan, Pink Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 8: Alia Bhatt To Kriti Sanon, Peacock Green Navratri Outfits Guide By Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 7: Orange Navratri Outfit Ideas From Ananya Panday, Sara Ali Khan, Shraddha Kapoor
- women fashionAnanya Panday To Sonam Kapoor, 8 Easy Navratri Hairstyles To Steal From Bollywood Divas
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 6: Shraddha Kapoor To Madhuri Dixit, Grey Navratri Outfit Ideas From Bollywood Beauties
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 5: Alia Bhatt To Ananya Panday, Green Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Actresses
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 4: Deepika Padukone To Alia Bhatt, Yellow Navratri Outfit Inspirations From Bollywood Divas
- beautyShraddha Kapoor’s Beauty Secrets For Glowing Skin And Fit Body
- bollywood wardrobeNavratri 2022 Day 3: Alia Bhatt To Madhuri Dixit, Royal Blue Navratri Outfits Guide From Bollywood Beauties
- womenIranian Women Burn Hijab And Cut Hair To Protest Death Of Mahsa Amini In 'Moral Police' Custody