- 36 min ago Priyanka Chopra Jonas' Glittering Ivory Badla Sari Is Absolutely What We Want To Own
- 51 min ago For All You Men, Here Are Some Skin Care Tips To Get Soft And Smooth Skin
- 56 min ago Women's T20 World Cup: From Mithali Raj To Parineeti Chopra Join To Create 'Her Story'
- 1 hr ago Arjun Reddy Star Vijay Deverakonda Has Winter Wear Goals For All The Stylish Men
- News Unnao rape victim's uncle now allegedly threatened by relatives of accused
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Launch Date, Price In India Revealed: To Cost Around Rs. 40,000
- Movies Ajith Kumar's Valimai To Be A Thriller Sprinkled With Mystery Elements?
- Finance KM Birla Says Vodafone Idea To Shutdown Without Govt Relief On AGR Dues; Shares Fall
- Sports Casey, Oosthuizen in contention as Jones leads Australian Open
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Over the years women have been stepping out of their comfort zone to break the glass ceilings and live their dreams. There are women around the world who are proving their caliber by doing things that people considered they won't be able to do. One such woman is 27-year-old Ankiti Bose, a female entrepreneur who is the co-founder and CEO of Zilingo, which is an e-commerce fashion platform. The company is valued at nearly $1 Billion.
It was in 2014 when Bose was in Bangkok. She was amazed to see the beautiful stores selling beautiful clothes and other things in the market. She realised how every e-commerce company was influencing not only her but other people as well to use their application in their phones. She says, "I begin to think how do we get these merchants who sell things to these people that are being told to download the app?" And this is when the idea of Zilingo was born.
"The ambition is to build a really really large company. Apparel is nearly $3.8 trillion company and this is almost 5% of Global GDP. And we at Zilingo think that we can do great things with all our partners across the world," she mentions.
Today Zilingo has offices across the 8 countries and has about 400 employees.
She says, "I always thought 'Are you making the world a better place'? Since then we have been chasing excellence and money has followed."
"I have truly embraced the fact that the world isn’t a level playing field."— Bloomberg TicToc (@tictoc) 21 October 2019
Meet Ankiti Bose, the millennial co-founder of the near billion fashion startup Zilingo @AnkitiB @Zilingo #MillennialBoss pic.twitter.com/5GFyvB1FDJ
According to Bose, it is highly important for women entrepreneurs to acknowledge the fact that the world is not a level-playing field and therefore, they need to be self-aware of the challenges that they may incur in their journey of running their businesses. She says this way women can face their problems in a better way and help others become more successful.
She says it is important for men to be equally involved in the discussion related to gender issues. She thinks rather than coaching and mentoring women, men should lean in to help women in making the world a better living place.
We congratulate Ankiti Bose for her success and wish her all the best. We hope she keeps inspiring us.