- 2 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Festival: Up To 50% Off On Protein Powders
- 3 hrs ago Remedial Measures In Astrology To Counter Different Problems In Life
- 6 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 02 October To 08 October 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 02 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Sports India vs South Africa, 2nd T20I: Will rain play spoilsport in Guwahati?
- News RRB Group D Jobs 2022: Phase 5 CBT exam admit card to be out today, details here
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Scuffle Ensues On Day 1 Of The Show Between Nimrit Kaur And Archana Gautam
- Automobiles Kia India Registers Highest Ever Monthly Sales - 25,87 Units Sold In September 2022
- Education CSIR-UGC NET June 2022 Answer Key, Response Sheet, Question Paper Out; Challenge Till October 3
- Finance This Multibagger Stock Is Locked In Upper Circuit For Past 7 Days And Gained The Highest In September
- Technology Jio, Airtel, and Vi 5G Services in India; Here's How Fast Your Internet Will Be
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Empathic concern is defined as an emotional response of compassion and concern caused by seeing someone in need. Empaths are individuals who have the ability to understand, feel or sense others' emotions or share their feelings, especially pain.
According to a study, an empathic concern may increase the possibility of adrenal fatigue in empaths. This could be because of the overwhelmed emotions that they feel after keeping themselves in someone else's shoes. Understanding the reason behind the occurrence of such emotional states can help maintain emotional control and reduce the intensity of feelings.
Below are some of the reasons why empaths are at a higher risk of fatigue.
Are You An Empath?
True empaths tend to absorb other people's emotional and physical experiences. They are potential enough to sense the thoughts and feelings of others. Also, empaths are great listeners, emotionally intelligent, generous, and helpful and they recognise someone when they say lies.
You are an empath if you are
- Too sensitive or emotional.
- Having easy-to-hurt feelings.
- Able to feel the joy and sorrow of others.
- Being exhausted after being in a crowd.
- Being agitated by noise, strong odours, or excessive chatter.
- Needing alone time to recharge
- Fear of being cheated in intimate relationships.
- Inability to say "no" to a person.
Why Do Empaths Have A Greater Risk Of Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is a term first coined by James L. Wilson in 1988 in his book of the same name. The condition is caused when a person pushes their boundaries and takes too much of the emotional burden of others.
Adrenal glands in our body are responsible for producing cortisol, a hormone that helps us deal with stress. When we empath with a lot of people around us, chances are we may get overwhelmed by those emotions. 
Therefore, to cope with the heightened negative emotions, our bodies will start producing lots of cortisol, up to a point when they are overworked and can no longer secrete adequate levels of cortisol for optimal function.
Too much emotion or sensory overload may cause adrenal fatigue, along with other symptoms like headaches, depression, brain fog, muscle weakness, body aches, insomnia, changes in weight and binge-eating.
How To Deal With Adrenal Fatigue?
- Practise meditation as it will help cope with stress and lower adrenal fatigue symptoms.
- Establish a routine so that you can only spend the necessary time listening to others and taking care of your feelings in the remaining time.
- Getting adequate sleep or maintaining sleep-wake timings.
- Eating a good diet and avoiding fatty foods.
- Setting boundaries so that when you are not ready to empath with others, you will be able to say "no". This may require a lot of experience.
Being an empath is a good thing; not many people are born empaths, but it can be learned to succeed both professionally and personally. Also, don't forget to set limitations when it is exhausting and is draining your energy and deteriorating your health.
- wellnessVaccine Fatigue? Complacency, Confusion, Fear Behind Reluctance To Take Covid Booster, Say Experts
- wellnessPost-COVID Fatigue Is More Than Just Tiredness; Could It Be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Or Long COVID?
- healthHow Are Doctors Coping With COVID Fatigue, As Pandemic Enters 3rd Year? Here's What They Have To Say
- diabetesAll The Possible Symptoms Of Low Blood Sugar Levels (Hypoglycemia)
- disorders cureWhat Is Pandemic Fatigue? Know More About How To Deal With This Mental Health Issue
- wellnessFatigue Before A Period: Causes And Tips To Fight It
- wellnessAre You Sad Or Depressed? Know The Important Difference Between Sadness And Depression
- disorders cureFatigue: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- disorders cureEyestrain (Asthenopia): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- disorders cureEpstein-Barr Virus: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
- wellnessSuffering From Brain Fog? Here's How You Can Treat It
- wellness9 Best Foods To Fight Morning Fatigue