- 1 hr ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 3 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 3 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- 4 hrs ago Janmashtami Outfits: Take Notes From Mouni Roy For The Ethnic Look
- News Monkeypox Outbreak: Asymptomatic infection can be a cause of concern, reveals study
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Finance Multibagger Adani Stock Gives 175% Return In 6 Months, In Q1 PAT Increases 17-Fold YoY
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Movies Sony Entertainment Television Acquires The Rights Of Revered Culinary Reality Show Masterchef India
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
- Technology Xiaomi’s New 32" Budget Smart TV Costs Rs. 16,999: Key Features, Specs & Competition
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio Classic - All You Need To Know
It is said that 'Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. And having both is a blessing.' A recent incident is winning hearts on the internet where a foster dad has adopted five siblings so that they never have to separate again.
On Friday, 01 July, Robert Carter in the US, who is a single foster dad became a father of five, officially. Even though Carter is single, he is very well aware of the importance of family, and how difficult it is to be removed from a biological home and get separated from siblings.
When he was 12, Carter also went into foster care in Hamilton County and had nine siblings in total. Therefore, he couldn't see or meet his younger siblings for years. But, later, he got custody of his younger sister and also the guardianship of his younger brother, once all legal matters were resolved. This is something Carter never wanted the foster kids to go through. So, staying together as a family is something he has always wished for and cherished.
While talking to WCVB, Carter said, 'I understand how they feel. I understand what they went through, so it really touched me. I was already thinking about adopting all of the kids but when I saw them crying, I was like, 'Ok, I'm going to take all five to keep them together.'"
It was Carter's background that made him understand the importance of family and keeping them together. First Carter adopted brothers Robert Jr., Giovanni, and Kiontae in 2018, but soon he realised that they had sisters, Marionna and Makayla, who the brothers haven't seen in months. Comprehending the situation, Carter met with the foster moms of the girls and organised a reunion.
Robert Carter is getting a lot of attention to his adoption of FIVE kids last week. Well deserved, Robert! https://t.co/ngzBZeuFRI— Hamilton County JFS (@HamiltonCoJFS) November 4, 2020
To make the house comfortable for 5 kids, Carter has worked very hard so that he can get bigger accommodation for the kids.
The adoption case manager, Stacey Barton was amazed at the number of adoptions by one person. She said, 'Mr. Carter was the only foster parent willing and able to adopt all of the children and he also enjoys being a father to these kids.
When it came to taking care of the children, Carter used all his past experiences. "Making memories to replace a lot of the bad ones," Carter said. "Every night I talk to them and let them know, 'I'm your dad forever. I know what it's like and I'm always here for you," he added.
Image Source: Hamilton County JFS Adoption & Foster Care Recruitment
- kidsIll-treated kids do better living
- life'Mum You've Got To Hang In There!' 9-YO-Kid Performs CPR On Unconscious Mother After Car Accident
- relationshipHappy Parents’ Day 2022: Wishes, Quotes, Images, Messages, Greetings and WhatsApp Status
- basicsTips And Tricks For New Parents To Cope With Sleepless Nights
- pulseHappy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- pregnancy parentingParents Day 2021: Counsellor Explains Why Kids Have Anger Issues Towards Parents And Teachers
- lifeFather’s Day 2022: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- parents and childrenFather’s Day: 9 Ways To Make Your Dad Feel Special
- parents and childrenFather’s Day 2021: Things Your Father Will Love To Hear From You
- lifeGlobal Day Of Parents 2021: Quotes And Wishes To Share With Your Parents
- lifeCongratulatory Messages And Wishes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Girl
- parents and childrenInternational Day Of The Girl Child 2020: Things You can Say To Empower Your Daughter