- 15 min ago First-Ever Embryos With Monkey And Human Cells; Scientists Divided Over The Creation
- 20 min ago 5 Reasons Why Highly Intelligent Individuals Love To Be Alone
- 1 hr ago Sonam Kapoor Nailed Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown on Koffee With Karan With Arjun Kapoor
- 1 hr ago Bahula Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time,Puja Rituals, Mantras, Vrat Katha, Benefits, And Significance
- News RLJP to stay in NDA: Pashupati Paras
- Finance Major Cryptos Decline After Bitcoin Briefly Hits $24,000 Mark
- Technology Deal Alert: Grab Apple iPhone 12 Under Rs. 50,000 On Amazon
- Sports Commonwealth Games 2022: Highs and lows of India
- Movies Karan Kundrra On TejRan’s Comparison With SidNaaz: You Should Not Compare; Our Lives Are Not About Hashtags
- Automobiles Tata Tigor XM iCNG Launched At Rs 7,39,900 - 26.49km/kg Mileage
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2022: Adventure Tourist Places In India to Visit with Brother & Sister
- Education XLRI Will Open The Window For XAT Registration 2023 From August 10
There is a secret code to the world of relief and painless living that opens up at its very mention. It is the word "sister" whose mention is enough to light up anyone's gloomy mood and uplift it. Etymologically the origin of Sisters Day is unknown but we can trace it back to an Old Norse word 'systir', which derives from the Proto-Germanic word 'schwester'.
The word "sister", in some societies is used to refer to women who share a close emotional equation with each other. This relationship is usually formed by blood or through friendship. Read on to know about this day in detail.
National Sisters Day 2022: Date
National Sisters Day, is celebrated on the first Sunday of every August. This year, it falls on Sunday, 07 August 2022.
National Sisters Day 2022: History
We have plenty of famous examples of sisters who have gone down the pages of history due to their achievements, like the Trung sisters - Trung Trac and Trung Nhi. In India, we have the shining examples of the Mangeshkar sisters - the singing legends Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle nee Mangeshkar, and Usha Mangeshkar.
Not everyone is blessed with a precious sister, in their lives. The ones who do, are truly blessed. Sisters are deeply remembered for their loving presence in our lives, always, and most importantly, on the first Sunday of every August. This day glorifies the unique and undying bond that exists between sisters. Despite certain occasional upsets and small disagreements, they are always there, as a background note in the music of your life.
Sister is the only friend that stays throughout your life, thick and thin, chubby or lean, stupid or shrewd, who is brutally honest about you, with good intentions. While she shares everything with you, from her genes, tastes, personality, and looks, unintentionally, she shares her clothes, food, books and every other thing intentionally. Her presence looms large over your life, every moment. The bond shared between sisters is irreplaceable.
National Sisters Day 2022: Significance
Our significant moments are never complete without sisters. They are the cheerleaders who stand by us no matter what. Not just creating happy memories, but even annoying them or fighting with them is worth cherishing.
Sisters of course, not only share your blood, but your books, your fancy watches, your make-up kit and that gorgeous dress which they had eyed on. Sibling rivalry is actually a welcome thing as during some skirmishes, we get glimpses into our personalities which we never knew we had.
They are the only ones to be around you on your birthday and scream it aloud at the most unearthly hour, into your ears, to wake you up to a new dawn, and a new beginning in your life. They may not share their possessions with you during the impressionable years, but they grow up to be very generous to a fault during adulthood. They are to be appreciated for their sincerity and genuineness on sister's day.
Some psychologists say that people with sisters experience less guilt, loneliness, and apprehensions than people who do not have sisters. A sister's presence is so therapeutic for your mental wellbeing because it can even you respond to life appropriately.
National Sisters Day 2022: Celebrations
A sister's presence in itself is equal to celebrating a grand event in your life. Having someone to play with you or annoy you, is itself a blessing. Gift her with something that spells fun and relaxation, and acknowledge her role in the family and her contribution to the overall peace.
If you and your sister are living far apart from each other, you can still send a card to let her know how much you care and gratefully acknowledge their contributions to your life. If you live close by, visit her, and spend some time watching movies, or sharing your memories with her on social media platforms. You can take her to a recreational centre, and treat her to something she loves on this special day.
- parents and childrenNational Sisters Day 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- festivalsBahula Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time,Puja Rituals, Mantras, Vrat Katha, Benefits, And Significance
- pulseRaksha Bandhan 2022: Best Gift Ideas For Your Brothers And Sisters
- festivalsRaksha Bandhan Astrological Remedies For Good Luck Of Brother(s)
- festivalsHaving Visa Problems? Visit These Four Famous Visa Temples In India If You Are Planning To Go Abroad
- festivalsTriyuginarayan Temple: How To Reach, Time To Visit, History, Significance And Architecture
- festivalsKaal Sarpa Dosha/ Yoga: Types, Remedies, Benefits And Exceptions
- festivalsKalki Jayanti 2022: Date, Puja Rituals, Legends, History And Significance Of Kali Yuga
- festivalsUpakarma 2022: Date, Time, Rituals Associated With The Thread Changing Ceremony
- festivalsAugust 2022: List Of Important Festivals And Fasts This Month
- festivalsNag Panchami 2022: Why Do People Offer Milk To Snakes On This Day
- festivalsBheema Amavasya Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Ritual, Vrat Katha, History And Significance