- 41 min ago Sonam Kapoor Nailed Maternity Fashion in Black Off-Shoulder Gown on Koffee With Karan With Arjun Kapoor
- 1 hr ago Bahula Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time,Puja Rituals, Mantras, Vrat Katha, Benefits, And Significance
- 1 hr ago Ashton Kutcher's Autoimmune Disorder Left Him Blind And Disabled: Know About Vasculitis Causes And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago Do Stained Clothes Mean You Have A High Level Of Intelligence? Study
- News RPF cop saves woman, her son who slipped trying to board moving train in Bengal. Watch rescue video
- Movies Karan Kundrra On TejRan’s Comparison With SidNaaz: You Should Not Compare; Our Lives Are Not About Hashtags
- Sports AIFF Awards 2021-22: Sunil Chhetri Men's Footballer; Manisha Kalyan Women's Footballer
- Technology Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC Game PC Requirements, Features & Release Date
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2022: Adventure Tourist Places In India to Visit with Brother & Sister
- Finance This Small Cap Banking Stock Likely To Jump 70%, Brokerage Suggests Buy For Target Price Of Rs 155
- Automobiles HMSI Teases Its Upcoming New Scooter - Next-Gen Honda Activa?
- Education XLRI Will Open The Window For XAT Registration 2023 From August 10
National Parents' Day is an initiative taken to encourage responsible parenting and to acknowledge positive role models for parenting. This day also celebrates the special bond of love and care between parents and children. During the 1980s, the United Nations focussed on family-related issues in the light of the emotional and mental development and wellness of children.
The UN General Assembly announced that the year 1994 will be celebrated as the International Year of the Family. This was when President Bill Clinton, signed a resolution that was aimed at "recognizing, uplifting, and supporting the role of parents in bringing up their children." Scroll through the article to know more about this day.
National Parents Day 2022: Date
Across the planet, Global Parents' Day is hosted on different dates. However, in India, Global Parents' Day is celebrated as National Parents' Day and is celebrated on the 4th Sunday of every July annually. This year it will be observed on 24 July 2022.
National Parents Day: Significance
Parents are two disparate individuals in every sense of the term, clubbed together in one place, in one format, living to facilitate the wellbeing of their children. They merge their life stories together, and join hands in the future building activity for their kids, put their best heads together, and draw every decision in favour of their kids, from their own experience. They are the ones who know that two observant eyes are watching their actions and feelings all the time and try to mould their little beings into this new clay impression. So, they are forever watchful and observant of their own actions, thoughts, and deeds, by suppressing their natural instincts and frustrations and keep a cool strong and undaunted face for their children, keeping their own insecurities at bay.
It is no exaggeration to call them "the lost children of destiny", lost to the quirks of life post marriage and kids, evolving despite the conflicts, as adults and responsible citizens of society. Life is a challenge for any one, be it a king or a pauper. Losing their dreams, and the prospects of their life at the altar and whims of a new born kid, seems not so easy. The world they lived in previously, drifts away and leaves way for the new entrant. American novelist Chuck Palahniuk once said, "First your parents, they give you your life, but then they try to give you their life",.
This magical process of dying and being born again, emotionally as parents, naturally makes their kids respect them. Their sense of responsibility and love towards their children is unconditional and incomparable. No wonder this is what the Rishis of yore felt when they uttered Maatru Devo Bhava and Pitru Devo Bhava. This is a celebration of those parents who are not only parents by birth but parents by choice.
Be It A Mother Or Father
Whatever be her domestic situation, a responsible mother, always sees herself as a mother first, and then as an individual with her own rights. She gives up her personal needs and burning ambitions and builds a palatial future for her kids. on the edifice of her sacrifices. it is the responsibility of kids that is topmost on her mind. Father, is at the other end of this scale, balancing the domestic and parenting responsibilities. He pretty much goes through the same toil and hard work. But despite the hardship of life, these parents do not let their love for their child wilt, to a slow death, unreciprocated. In fact, that is one thing they keep alive despite all drawbacks. Eventhough in India, some people see a nurturer as a failure if they are not the provider, but what they cannot understand is the underlying selfless sacrifices.
Sometimes they may be overcome by a sense of dissatisfaction over their lives, As age advances, and as they are bludgeoned by the diseases, they slowly forget that and adjust to the scenario they are currently in. Life passes away, in an instant, unsung, unnoticed, and unrecognized. This is the tale of parents who forgot to live while they lived. Reciprocating their good will is like giving them the gallantry award. Parents play a crucial role in a child's life because children mould themselves according to their parents' bevaiour. It is them who can go beyond everything to care, love and protect their children.
How to celebrate Parents' Day
Parents love an acknowledging gesture from their children. Just give them your time and show how much you love them by an act of gratitude. Parents selflessly invest all their time in children and therefore, we must do the same for them in their advancing years. Help them walk, spend time to talk, and pamper them like kids.
Sending Parents to old age homes is an excuse not a solution. Parents don't ask for anything except your time. You can actually give them surprise tours to their favourite restaurant, garden, museum, pilgrimage centres etc. Prepare delicious dinners for them. Organize a family picnic. Take them out for a movie. Gift them with sweets, flowers and collection of their favourite songs. Help them with household chores so that they can rest and relax throughout the day. Try to address their age specific issues, help them with medical care. Have a look at the family pictures and videos together to revive old beautiful memories. When it comes to making someone feel special, especially your parents, possibilities can be endless.
- pulseHappy Parents Day 2021: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Status To Share With Your Parents
- pregnancy parentingParents Day 2021: Counsellor Explains Why Kids Have Anger Issues Towards Parents And Teachers
- zodiac signsKargil Vijay Diwas 2022: Zodiac Signs That Are Best Suited To Join Defence Services
- pulseFlag Adoption Day 2022: Date, History, Origin, Significance and Facts about The Indian Tricolour
- pulseNational Dog Day 2021: History And How To Celebrate This Day
- lifeHow Dad Wants To Enjoy His Father's Day, According To Astrology
- lifeHave You Done All Of These Things For Diwali?
- festivalsOnam: Here's How The Grand Celebrations at Thrikkakara Vamana Temple Look Like!
- festivalsThe Spiritual Meaning Of Vishu Celebrations
- pulseChildren's Day: Offbeat Activities That You Can Do To Make It Special
- pulseEver Wondered Why Japanese Celebrate Doll Festival?
- bollywood wardrobeCheck Out All The Hot Shots Of Bollywood At The Iftar Party Held By Baba Siddique!