- News Northeast Monsoon surges TN, Puducherry, heavy rains in next 24 hr
- Sports Mental Health: Woman cricketer Molineux takes break in Australia
- Finance DHFL Shares Lock In Upper Circuit On Reports Of Adani Group's Interest
- Automobiles Tata Motors Announces Mega Service Camp: Offers Vehicle Health Checks, Discounts & More
- Movies Adithya Varma Twitter Review: Here’s What Audiences Feel About The Dhruv Vikram Starrer!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A71 Renders Surfaces Online With A Quad-Camera Setup
- Travel 10 Honeymoon Destinations In India – Let The Honeymoon Begin!
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
John Searle and Maggie Crook first met at a life-saving club held at the popular seaside resort's long-closed seafront canada,children,heart,john searle,love,maggie crook,national service,royalty,sea,swimming. They got engaged as childhood sweethearts at the age of 18. However they had to drift apart before they could name the day after their careers caused them to do so.
Maggie went to Canada to work as a nurse, while John carried out national service with the Royal Marines. Maggie never married and never forgot her childhood sweetheart. In the meanwhile John Searle became a salesman and married twice before he was widowed in 2005.
The two of them made sure that they stayed in touch over the years. They rekindled their love in 2007, and revived their wedding plans. Now, both are 69, and have got married on May 27 more than five decades after vowing to walk down the aisle.
John Searle declared after marriage, "Being married to Maggie is going to be very nice. We are very happy together. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my first true love."