Though it sounds funny, have you ever wondered why you tilt your head towards the right when you try to kiss your beloved? Why don't you lean towards the left?
Well, now researchers found an answer to this question. They say that a lot of cognitive science and neuroscience is behind this simple natural action of most of us.
Also Read: What Is So Special About Your First Kiss?
Well, when you tilt towards the right, your partner also naturally does the same to reach your lips. We all have a tendency to match the action of the loved one during a kiss, says this study. Here are more facts.
What Studies Say
A study claims that men generally initiate a kiss more often than women. And when they do that, they tilt towards the right. This happens almost subconsciously as we are hard-wired to do so!
From The Beginning!
Most of the human beings have a tendency to move towards the right. Even in the womb, the foetus seems to turn the head towards the right. Even in adulthood, most of us use right hand and right leg to initiate any action.
As certain behaviours are ingrained in us, we continue those actions throughout the lifetime. And we never seem to question those natural actions as they happen without our interference!
As a part of the study, researchers requested several couples to kiss in private. Surprisingly, almost all couples started the kiss by tilting the head towards the right! Both the one who initiated the kiss and the recipient seemed to do so without thinking twice!
Also Read:Why Humans Show Affection By Kissing
When the initiator tilts towards the right, the recipient naturally does so to make the kiss more convenient.
Though this action seems very simple on the surface, a lot of brain activity causes the tilt towards the right, say researchers.
Also Read:What Does A Kiss On The Forehead Mean?
Researchers attribute this action even to hormones like testosterone and neurotransmitters like dopamine. This action may vary in some people who are left handed and prefer left direction more than anything else.
- What To Do When Your Boyfriend Is Not Romantic Enough?
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- Love Story: Because Love Changes Its Form When The Situation Demands It To
- Love Story: Call Of The Wild Couple
- Celebrating 14th February 2018: The Nerdy Way
- Celebrating Long-distance Valentine's Day: The Modern Way
- When You Want To Please Your Man: Valentine’s Day 2018
- Love Story: When Love Comes As A Request
- When Love Is The Greatest Ability
- Love Story: When Life Gives You A Second Chance
- Love Story: When Love Is In The Air
- Love Story: Love Knows No Professional Ethics
- When Distance Does Not ‘Clash’