- 8 min ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- 32 min ago Dating An Aquarian? 8 Things That You Can Expect In Your Relationship
- 1 hr ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 2 hrs ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- Movies Juhi Chawla’s Son Donates Rs 28,000 To Australian Fire Relief Fund, Asks His Mum What She Is Doing
- News Siddaramaiah quizzes HM Amit Shah for not visiting flood-hit areas of Karnataka
- Technology Airtel No Longer Offering Netflix With Its Postpaid Plans
- Finance India's Forex Reserve Rises To A Record High Of $461.2 Billion
- Sports Rumour Has It: Barca, Juve in Rakitic-Bernardeschi swap talks
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Richard Ronay, from the university's School of Psychology examined the links between physical risk-taking in young men and the presence of attractive women at a local skate park.
"Historically men have competed with each other for access to fertile women and the winners of those competitions are the ones who pass on their genes to future generations. Risk-taking would have been inherent in such a competitive mating strategy," revealed Professor von Hippel.
The research has also reported that the young male skateboarders took more risks in the presence of an attractive female observer rather than a male spectator.
The saliva of men were also tested to measure participants' testosterone levels. The results confirmed that risk taking was caused by elevated testosterone levels brought on by the presence of the attractive female.
The expert said, "Our results suggest that displays of physical risk-taking might best be understood as hormonally fueled advertisements of health and vigour aimed at potential mates, and signals of strength, fitness, and daring intended to intimidate potential rivals."
Such risk taking which is undertaken by men to impresses a beauty girl, more often takes a nasty turn costing the lives of the young hearts. This is one of the major reasons for high men mortality rates.