- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 January 2020
- 12 hrs ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 13 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 13 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- News CRPF carries out vigilance check of 3 personnel in wake of Davinder Singh case
- Movies Pattas Box Office Final Collections: The Dhanush Starrer Ends Up As A Profitable Venture!
- Technology Upcoming Budget Flagship Smartphones To Arrive In India This Year
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup: India trounce Australia by 74 runs; enter semifinals
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A study points at the fact that increasing HIV/STD disease is being reported in MSM with high risk behaviours in Africa and Asia.
The risk is highest among MSM in Nanjing, China. Scientists are still studying the reason for the rise of this disease among this crowd.
Using respondent-driven sampling methods, scientists report an HIV incidence rate of 5.12 cases per 100 person years.
They stressed that in recent years, China has considered “MSM as a priority population for HIV prevention and control."
However, Dr. Mayer and his colleagues believe that MSM exists in all populations.
They stress that thinking HIV epidemic that affects MSM in industrialized countries and is a heterosexual epidemic in developing or less developed countries is not valid.
They also recognize high prevalence of HIV/STD in some MSM populations in Africa and Asia, and emphasize the need to act now to prevent the massive spread of disease.