- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Randeep Hooda Opens Up About His Ouster From Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
A study points at the fact that increasing HIV/STD disease is being reported in MSM with high risk behaviours in Africa and Asia.
The risk is highest among MSM in Nanjing, China. Scientists are still studying the reason for the rise of this disease among this crowd.
Using respondent-driven sampling methods, scientists report an HIV incidence rate of 5.12 cases per 100 person years.
They stressed that in recent years, China has considered “MSM as a priority population for HIV prevention and control."
However, Dr. Mayer and his colleagues believe that MSM exists in all populations.
They stress that thinking HIV epidemic that affects MSM in industrialized countries and is a heterosexual epidemic in developing or less developed countries is not valid.
They also recognize high prevalence of HIV/STD in some MSM populations in Africa and Asia, and emphasize the need to act now to prevent the massive spread of disease.