- Technology How To Add Movies To Google's Watchlist
- News All foreign investments must adhere to law of the land: Goyal on Amazon row
- Sports Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez to retire after ICC T20 World Cup
- Movies Major Fire Breaks Out On The Sets Of Shivarajkumar Starrer Bhajarangi 2
- Finance Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund Cuts Exposure To Vodafone Idea Papers
- Automobiles TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Making love to make up or resolve differences is what happens in many relationships. But what's the take of psychologists on this?
Well, to the people involved in it, it may look like a terrific way to patch up. But it may work only for a short span of time.
In the long run, if true compatibility or love isn't there, make up love-making doesn't work. Do you know the reason why? Read on...
Firstly, lovemaking releases feel good chemicals like oxytocin. It helps in bonding. It temporarily makes you forget about your issues or quarrels.
When you experience the joy or pleasure that love making offers, you would obviously put aside your grudge and enjoy the moment.
Also Read: 11 Unknown Weird Facts About Love Making
It temporarily confuses your mind. Even if you had real reasons (like infidelity or physical violence) to break up with your partner, you would temporarily put aside those reasons and consider continuing the relationship.
Your reasoning capabilities do not work when physical pleasure dominates your mind. A flood of chemicals take over your mind making it tough to take any decision.
Also Read: Why Some Men Are Scared Of Making Love?
Psychologists warn against making love when you have very serious disagreements in your relationship. Serious conflicts never get resolved though they may seem like that after making love.
Intense and passionate bedroom activity can blind your mind making you think that everything will be fine. But serious issues will still be unresolved and when your high comes down, your problems will still be there.
Also Read: Does Unconditional Love Exist? Is It Foolish To Expect Unconditional Love?
Couples may need to find compatibility and love as the common ground that unites them and only then consider making love to avoid confusion and failure of judgment.