Come summers and we all scream for ice cream. Especially kids long for that orange candy bars that are available at the ice cream stalls. We, as parents, do feel that it may not be healthy for kids to have them.
Chef Vikas Seth has brought this really interesting recipe of the Spiced Fresh Mango Popsicle on a sugarcane stick. The best part of this recipe is that you can make this easily at home. It is prepared with all the fresh healthy ingredients.
This popsicle is made from fresh mangoes and lemon juice. We are sure kids will love this surprise when you will make this special popsicle during the summer time for them. Why only kids? Elders too can enjoy these in summers.
Recipe By: Chef Vikas Seth
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: 6 popsicles
Fresh Mango - 1 large (cut into small cubes)
Mango Juice - 220 ml
Sugar Syrup - 50 ml
Lemon Juice - 15 ml
Salt - A pinch
Chipotle in adobo sauce -1 tsp
(Use paprika 1/2tsp in case chipotle is not available)
Sugarcane Sticks - 6 pcs
(You can use Ice cream sticks instead of sugarcane sticks too)
1. Take a bowl and mix mango juice, sugar syrup, lemon juice, chipotle in adobo sauce and salt together. Mix it properly and keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Take some fresh mangoes and cut them into small cubes and keep it in the refrigerator to chill. When the mixture gets chilled, add these mango cubes in the same mixture.
3. Now take the Ice-pop molds and clean them properly. Then, add the chilled mixture into the ice-pop molds.
4. Freeze them until the pops are set properly. After one hour, insert a sugarcane stick into each mold. Since it takes more than an hour for the mixture to be frozen completely, the sugarcane stick can be inserted into the mixture easily. Now, let the mixture freeze until the pops turn solid; for around 4 to 5 hours more.
5. To release the ice pops from the molds, keep them in a warm water bowl for a couple of minutes.
6. Freeze the popsicles again for at least 30 minutes after taking it out from the molds.
- 1.You can replace the mangoes with any other fruit of your choice like a Kiwi or Raspberry to make your favourite popsicle.
- 2.This second freezing helps the ice pops hold their shape a bit better, so they won't melt quite so quickly while you're eating them.
- 3.If well wrapped, you can keep these ice pops for one to two weeks in the freezer easily.
- Serving size - 1 bar
- Calories - 140
- Fat - 7 g
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 19 g
- Sugar - 12 g
- Top 15 Foods That Are Rich In Vitamin C
- Mango Pastry (Eggless) Recipe
- Mango Mania Hummus Recipe: How To Prepare Mango Flavoured Hummus Dip
- Mango Delight Recipe: How To Make Hung Curd Mango Delight
- Green Mango Chutney Recipe | Kacche Aam Ki Chutney Recipe | Raw Mango Chutney
- Aam Pora Shorbot – Smoky Spiced Raw Mango Cooler
- Mango Soufflé Recipe: How to Make Mango Soufflé At Home
- Aam Panna Recipe: How To Make Aam Ka Panna
- Bengali Style Mango Chutney
- Mango Cake Recipe For Mother’s Day
- Top Reasons Why You Need To Eat A Mango Every Day
- Mango Coconut Ladoo Recipe
- 12 Best Foods For Stomach Flu