- 4 min ago Sonam Kapoor Nailed the Maternity Fashion Look in Black Off-Shoulder Gown on Koffee With Karan With Arjun Kapo
- 48 min ago Bahula Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time,Puja Rituals, Mantras, Vrat Katha, Benefits, And Significance
- 54 min ago Ashton Kutcher's Autoimmune Disorder Left Him Blind And Disabled: Know About Vasculitis Causes And Treatment
- 3 hrs ago Do Stained Clothes Mean You Have A High Level Of Intelligence? Study
- Technology Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC Game PC Requirements, Features & Release Date
- Movies Mouni Roy Wishes Husband Suraj Nambiar On His Birthday By Kissing Him Pics Inside
- News It is a great blend, says PM Modi as 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2022: Adventure Tourist Places In India to Visit with Brother & Sister
- Finance This Small Cap Banking Stock Likely To Jump 70%, Brokerage Suggests Buy For Target Price Of Rs 155
- Automobiles HMSI Teases Its Upcoming New Scooter - Next-Gen Honda Activa?
- Sports ISL 2022-23 Player Transfer: Chennaiyin FC Extend Rahim Ali's Contract Till 2024
- Education XLRI Will Open The Window For XAT Registration 2023 From August 10
Although there are many reasons for why to and why not to breastfeed toddlers, parents feel breastfeeding to be the safest option as mother's milk is healthy and easily available. Although many wouldn't prefer weaning their toddler from breastfeed they don't have a choice because of the reduced milk production or due to dry out.
World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated every year from 1 to 7 August to encourage breastfeeding and improve the health of babies. So, this breastfeeding week, let's take a look at the pros and cons of breastfeeding toddlers.
Breastfeeding for mothers is not the way to lose weight but has something to do with emotions and healthy baby nurturing. Children cannot be fed anything and everything unless they develop immunity which develops after a certain age   .
Pros Of Breastfeeding Toddlers
1. If the mother is healthy then breastfeeding provides all the nutrition the baby requires. Many women health organisations across the world advice mothers to breastfeed even after six months.
2. The antibodies in the mother's milk supports immunity and prevents the baby from getting ill. Lowers risk of respiratory and ear infection.
3. Many researches conducted across the world proved that breastfed toddlers were much healthier and had fast development rate than the toddlers eating the regular food.
4. Breastfeeding builds a good relationship between mother and toddler. For mothers, it is the right way to express love and care.
Cons Of Extended Breastfeeding
1. Due to extended breastfeeding, the children might get very dependent physically as well as emotionally. It is good to continue with lactation (once in the morning and evening) and also make him drink little by little from the cup  .
2. Breastfeeding may make the child get the comfort and warmth from mother so it may not like drinking from the cup. As a mother, you need to kiss him and provide the same comfort zone while drinking regular milk .
-  Geddes, D., Kok, C., Nancarrow, K., Hepworth, A., Gardner, H., & Simmer, K. (2016). Characterisation of sucking dynamics of breastfeeding preterm infants: a cross sectional. Scientific reports, 6, 23129.
-  Miller, J., & Rose St Fleur, M. D. (2017). Most breastfeeding mothers not following AAP recommendations on vitamin D. Infectious Diseases in Children, 30(2), 22.
-  Irfan, M. (2019). Complementary Feeding; Pros and Cons. Acta Scientific Nutritional Health, 3, 12-16.
-  Ali, B. B., Naseeb, S., & Korejo, R. (2018). Factors Associated With Timely Initiation Of Breastfeeding Among Mothers In JPMC.
- pregnancy parentingCOVID Vaccine For Breastfeeding Moms: Are There Any Side Effects?
- babySome Amazing Benefits Of Papaya For Babies
- postnatalDoes Iron Deficiency Anaemia Affect Breastfeeding? Causes, Impacts, Risk Factors And Preventions
- postnatalFactors That Could Affect The Taste, Smell And Production Of Breast Milk
- postnatalCan Diabetes Affect Breastfeeding? Benefits Of Breastfeeding In Both Newborns And Diabetic Mothers
- postnatalMothers Should Avoid Breastfeeding If They Have These Medical Conditions
- basicsWorld Breastfeeding Week 2021: Benefits Of Turmeric For Pregnant And Breastfeeding Women
- postnatal9 Important Nutrition Tips For New Mothers
- postnatalAyurvedic Herbs For Mothers For Lactation, Perineal Pain, Stretch Marks And More
- prenatalVegan Pregnancy: Is A Vegan Diet Healthy During Pregnancy? List Of Foods To Eat And Avoid
- disorders cureOverdosing On Ginger Could Be Bad For People With These Medical Conditions
- basicsNutritionist Speaks About Food Poisoning During Pregnancy