- 7 hrs ago Easy Skincare Tips for College Students
- 7 hrs ago Discounts On Vitamin Supplements For Good Health And Improved Immunity: Get Up To 60% Off
- 8 hrs ago Shake It Up! Protein Powder Sale On Amazon: Upto 50% Off On Best Sellers
- 8 hrs ago 7 Signs That Show Your Partner May Be Using You In A Relationship
- News Nitish Kumar, Lalu Prasad Yadav all smiles at first meet after new government formation
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question That Stumped Vimal Naranbhai Kambad?
- Finance DoT Receives Upfront Payment Of Rs. 17,876 Cr. For 5G Spectrum Won By Telecom Operators
- Sports England vs South Africa: Visitors dominate rain-affected first day at Lord's; Kagiso Rabada shines
- Travel Krishna Janmashtami 2022: Famous Lord Krishna Temples in India
- Education Download SSC CHSL 2021 Tier 1 final answer key and know the marks secured in the exam!
- Automobiles BMW Motorrad Launches Its New Touring Range In India, Prices Start At Rs 23.95 Lakh
- Technology How To Post Your Instagram Reels On Facebook To Gain More Views
While genetics is the primary factor that impacts the appearance of your baby, other factors contribute to their appearance, such as what happens during the pregnancy, the food the mother consumes, etc.
Today, we will examine the subtle but definite factors that can affect your baby's appearance.
Factors That Can Affect Your Baby's Appearance
It is well known that DNA determines the appearance of your baby. However, DNA is a very complex subject. Your or your partner's DNA can determine everything from hair colour to eye colour to height and weight to freckles and dimples. In most cases, dominant genes prevail over recessive genes, but every so often, a recessive gene may win .
A pregnant woman who travels extensively by aeroplane may be exposed to unhealthy radiation levels. A developing foetus should not be exposed to radiation, as it could adversely affect their appearance. It is generally considered safe for most women to travel during pregnancy; however, doctors recommend keeping it to a minimum .
Excessive caffeine during pregnancy may adversely affect a new-born's birth weight, resulting in a smaller and slimmer newborn than normal. Ideally, you should limit caffeine consumption to one cup of coffee daily or less .
This is a no-brainer. Alcohol consumption during pregnancy may cause Foetal Alcohol Syndrome, according to studies. Developing foetuses with this syndrome may be born with unusual facial characteristics, such as small eyes and thin lips. As well as affecting a child's cognitive development, it can negatively impact their behaviour .
5. Mother's sugar levels
While pregnancy cravings are perfectly normal, you may want to cut down on sweets if you do not want sugar consumption to affect your baby's appearance and overall health. Pregnancy-related gestational diabetes (GDM), or high blood glucose levels during pregnancy, can be harmful to the unborn child who relies on you for nutrition.
This extra sugar can be stored as fat in the baby, placing them at a higher risk of obesity, diabetes, and jaundice. The most effective way to manage GDM is by adhering to a healthy diet and exercising, or in extreme cases, by taking insulin and medication .
6. Environmental factors
A baby's birth weight can be affected by dirty or contaminated air. Researchers have found that for every 10 micrograms increase in air pollution (per cubic meter of air), the average birth mass decreases by 8.9 grams (about 1/3 ounce). Pregnant women should consume foods containing vitamins and antioxidants to combat the effects of air pollution and avoid getting out in areas with high pollution .
On A Final Note...
You cannot predict what your baby will look like before being born, but the factors mentioned in this article may play a role.
- kidsWhy Do Kids Get Worms? How To Prevent Worms In Children?
- kidsDengue In Children: 8 Serious Symptoms Parents Should Know
- basicsWorld Breastfeeding Week 2022: UNICEF Guidelines For Breastfeeding
- basicsWorld Breastfeeding Week 2022: Taylor Swift's Song Has Therapeutic Effects On Breastfeeding Mothers, Study
- basics4 Weird Pregnancy Superstitions That Could Actually Be True For These Reasons
- prenatal7 Household Chores Pregnant Women Should Avoid
- kidsCharu Asopa's Baby Has Hand, Foot And Mouth Disease (HFMD): Its Causes, Symptoms And Prevention
- babyWorld Breastfeeding Week 2022: Celeb Moms Who Are Normalising Extended Breastfeeding; Know The Benefits
- babyAre Diapers Bad For Babies? Alternatives To Diapers And Dos And Don'ts For Parents
- postnatalHow To Care For A Premature Baby? 7 Things Parents Need to Know
- kidsStep-By-Step Guide To Teach Your Child To Sleep Alone: Tips For Parents
- kidsWhat Are The 5 Critical Periods In A Child's Life: What Every Parent Should Know