If you experience abdominal pain when you are pregnant, the first thing to do is consult a doctor. If it is a minor issue like indigestion or acidity then it can be cured.
But in some cases, nagging pain could be a symptom of something more serious. Actually, some women experience slight pain in the abdomen during the first trimester.
Also Read: Causes Of Hard Belly During Pregnancy
The reason behind that could be the expansion of the uterus that could cause constipation and some digestive issues. But pains during the second and third trimester should not be taken easily. Here are some reasons.
If the symptoms are frequent urination, itching sensation or burning sensation then it is better to check whether it is due to urinary tract infection.
If the abdominal pain results in bleeding, spotting or cramping then it could also be due to a miscarriage. Consult a gynecologist immediately.
Even ectopic pregnancy could cause abdominal pain as well as bleeding especially during the 6-10 weeks.
In some cases, when the placenta starts tearing the wall of the uterus, constant pain may be experienced around the abdomen.
If the pain accompanies contractions during the last phase of pregnancy, then it could also signify preterm labour.
- What Moms-to-be Think In Their Last Month Of Pregnancy
- Everything You Should Know About Breastfeeding While Pregnant
- Nose Bleeding During Pregnancy – Causes And Remedies
- Signs That Your Body Is Ready For Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Risks By Age Chart
- Is It Possible To Get A False Positive Pregnancy Test Result ?
- How To Treat Fungal Infection During Pregnancy
- What are the causes of gestational diabetes?
- Is It Normal For Breasts To Leak During Pregnancy?
- Bleeding And Spotting During Pregnancy: What's Normal, What's Not
- What You Should Know About Weight Gain During Pregnancy
- How To Recover After A Miscarriage