- 3 min ago JNU Security Guard Cracks Varsity’s BA Entrance Exam To Study Russian Language, Grit Being His Only
- 20 min ago Shravan Month 2019: What Foods To Eat And What Foods To Avoid
- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Bhumi Pednekar: The Actress Who Makes Us Think About The Fashion Of Rural India
- 1 hr ago Ebola Outbreak In Congo, WHO Declares Global Health Emergency
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A10e With Infinity-V Display, Exynos 7884 Up For Grabs
- Automobiles MG Hector Bookings Closed For 2019 — Receives 21,000 Bookings Since Start
- Movies Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: Alia Bhatt & Anil Kapoor Have The Sweetest Wishes For Our Desi Girl
- Finance Ebay Buys Stake In Paytm Mall
- News IT dept attaches properties worth Rs 400 crores in probe against Mayawati's brother: Reports
- Sports Atletico Madrid want Spurs playmaker
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Coconut in any form such as solid form , coconut oil, tender coconut, ripe coconut, coconut water, etc are all very beneficial to be had during pregnancy. Coconut can be safely consumed during the 9 months of pregnancy.
A coconut is rich in essential nutrients that are most needed during pregnancy. It keeps the mother and baby in good health. The essential fatty acids present in coconut oil help in the proper development of the baby and its growth.
Lauric acid present in coconut helps to increase breast milk production and also prevents joint pain during pregnancy. Coconut also contains vitamin E that is also beneficial for pregnant women.
Hence, you must eat coconut in any form during your pregnancy to get a healthy baby and to prevent pregnancy-related sicknesses. Here is why you must eat coconut during pregnancy. Have a look.
Relieves Morning Sickness
Coconut oil present in coconut relieves nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. It also prevents acidity and heart burn during pregnancy. You must eat a dry coconut or a wet one in the morning to get relief from the annoying morning sickness or nausea. You can also drink coconut milk or coconut water.
Removes Stretch Marks And Prevents An Itchy Belly
Rubbing coconut oil on your belly during your pregnancy can prevent the formation of stretch marks on your belly. Coconut oil will also moisturise and nourish your skin and prevent the itchiness of the belly.
Helps In The Formation Of Breast Milk
If you eat coconut regularly during your pregnancy then you will have rich and nutritious breast milk supply for your baby. Coconut oil contains lauric acid that helps in the formation of breast milk during pregnancy and lactation phase.
Increases Blood Circulation
During pregnancy, the blood volume can increase by 50 percent that causes swelling of the feet and legs. If blood circulation is poor, it may cause leg pain and swelling. Eating coconut can increase your blood circulation, and thus prevent the leg pain and swelling.
Prevents Urine Infections
Having coconut water can increase your urine volume and flow, and thus prevent all the bacteria that cause urinary infections, as these are flushed out through the urine. You must also drink coconut water apart from eating the whole coconut.
Having coconut milk during pregnancy can prevent anaemia, which is a common problem that is seen during pregnancy for mothers who don't eat an iron-rich diet. Coconut milk is rich in iron and expecting mothers can drink coconut milk to get their dose of iron on a regular basis.
Prevents Constipation And Helps In Digestion
Having coconut along with coconut water (tender coconut) will prevent constipation during pregnancy, as a tender coconut acts as a laxative. This is one of the best benefits of having a coconut in any form during pregnancy.