- 12 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 42 min ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- 1 hr ago UK Lesbian Couple Becomes The First To Carry Their Child In Both Their Wombs
- 1 hr ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Or Deepika Padukone, Whose Black-Hued Attire Was More Impressive?
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Sports Rishabh Pant gets backing from Brian Lara, Kevin Pietersen
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Movies Ranveer Singh Kisses Shahid Kapoor On The Cheek And Shuts Down Rumours Of Cold War!
- News Not a single citizen will be allowed to turn a refugee due to NRC, CAB: Mamata
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
"Half Knowledge is Dangerous All By It's Self! Add a Pinch of Ignorance And a Dash of Fear, For You Will Have a Lethal Combination that Can Wipe a Hundred Minds Clean of Facts" - Author at Boldsky
Microwaves were originally invented for the convenience of man. However, the 20th century has seen a lot of NEWS articles that have made man believe otherwise.
While some of these NEWS pieces are accurate, others are a result of ignorance and are misleading facts. The myths that have been floating around since the last 15 years have caused concern in people of all ages.
A few microwave-related myths, that raised the eyes of a few, ended up causing a wide-spread panic in the minds of pregnant women. Scientists have been working hard to prove and disprove a few of these myths.
Don't halt here, continue reading, as the following paragraphs will logically bust a set of the common myths about microwaves and pregnancy.
3 Common Myths, Their Facts And Tips
Myth #1 - Using a microwave while you are pregnant will cause birth defects in your child!
Fact #1 - There have been various advances in technology since the initial invention. For instance, the first microwave was merely as big as a refrigerator and didn't have any ISI/BIS certifications! As of now, it can be said that there has been no hard evidence that proves this myth to be true. Merely using a microwave during pregnancy does not cause birth defects in your child.
Tip - Check the ISI/BIS classifications on your microwave before using it.
Myth #2 - Leaving the microwave door open after cooking can result in radiations, affecting your unborn baby!
Fact #2 - The amount of radiation let out by the microwave is insignifacant, provided safety precautions are followed. If the person is standing 2.5 to 4 inches away from the microwave oven, it is considered to be safe.
Tip - Get your microwave checked for radiation leakage if it is damaged or is extremely old. Don't unnecessarily panic until then.
Myth #3 - Microwaves should not be used with their door open, as this can dehydrate and severely damage the tissues of a person.
Fact #3 - A microwave does not work when the door is not properly shut. Unless severely rigged, the microwave will automatically stop when the door is left open. In the past, there was a claim made about a rigged microwave functioning while the door was open. This was later classified as an "Urban Myth".
Tip - Follow all safety precautions before using the microwave. If in doubt, do not act!
Safety Precautions For Expectant Mothers
- Expectant mothers are suggested not to bend above the microwave, when it is switched on.