- 9 hrs ago Ways To Include Chicken Breast In Your Diet And It's Health Benefits
- 9 hrs ago Side Effects Of Waxing You Should Know About
- 10 hrs ago Having A Nosebleed? Here's A Guide On How To Stop And Prevent It
- 10 hrs ago B-Town Divas Arrive In Their Fashionable Best At Dabboo Ratnani’s 2020 Calender Launch Event
- Technology Best Popup Selfie Camera Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- News Aadhaar: UIDAI issues notices to 127 people in Hyderabad
- Movies Varane Avashyamund Box Office 10 Days Collection Report: Dulquer Salmaan Strikes Gold Again!
- Finance Global Gold Price Climbs To Its One-Month High; Jumps Rs. 700 On MCX
- Sports Guardiola 'always fulfils his contracts' - agent hints at Man City stay
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Diesel Powertrain Discontinued In India: Unlisted From Company Website
- Travel 8 Most Appealing Summer Holiday Destinations In India
- Education CBSE Exam Centre Locator App: Why Class 10 & 12 Students Should Download?
Pregnancy is a crucial phase of a woman's life. It is necessary to eat healthy food during this period. A woman has to eat healthy and nutritious food to make sure she's giving her best to the baby.
Cabbage is one such good food to be included in the diet. It is the warehouse of many essential nutrients such as manganese, folate, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, potassium and protein.
There are myriad benefits of including cabbage in pregnancy. Cabbage aids in the digestion process, prevents gestational diabetes, promotes eye health and also prevents swelling of the feet.
The fibre content in it limits the risk of constipation, which is highly common during pregnancy.
Cabbage consumption also helps the baby to get strong bones. It is advisable to eat cooked cabbage, as raw cabbage contains pesticides that may cause an infection to the pregnant mother.
Likewise, there are many other benefits of including cabbage in the daily diet of a pregnant woman. Therefore, in this article, we are listing out some of the benefits of consuming cabbage in pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
Cabbage improves your digestive health. It also prevents conditions like constipation and irregular bowel movements. Since constipation is common during pregnancy, cabbage helps to overcome this issue.
Cabbage is packed with folic acid. Folic acid or folate is vital for the DNA of the foetus. It helps in building up the DNA in foetus. Thus, including cabbage in the daily diet is beneficial for DNA health.
Cabbage is low in calories and thus it keeps a check on the body weight during pregnancy. Therefore, it is advisable to consume this healthy veggie during pregnancy.
Cabbage is known to prevent gestational diabetes. The high fibre content in it keeps the blood sugar in check and reduces the risk of gestational diabetes in pregnant women.
Swelling of the body is quite common in pregnancy. Wrapping cabbage leaves on the swollen areas helps to ease this condition. This is a quick home tip that you can use if you want relief from the pain due to swollen feet and joints.
Cabbage contains anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are anti-cancerous in nature and fight against cancer-causing cells. Thus they help prevent cancer when consumed on a regular basis.