- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 12 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 12 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 14 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- News Tripura TET Result 2019 released: Check document scrutiny date
- Finance PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline Nears: Here's What To Do
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Sports Napoli sack Ancelotti despite progressing in Champions League
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Diet plays a crucial role in pregnancy. Nutrition is important for the healthy development of the baby. Morning sickness is common in the second month of pregnancy.
However, eating the right kind of foods avoids such symptoms and leads to a healthy pregnancy. It is also important to keep yourself fit and active by doing light exercises or going for walks.
In the second month of pregnancy, the neural tubes start forming and later develop into a baby's brain, spinal cord and nerves.
Along with that, the circulatory system and heart also develop. Thus, the second month of pregnancy holds a great importance in a woman's life.
There are a list of foods to include and avoid in the second month of pregnancy. Avoiding certain foods is helpful in maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
One should include foods rich in folic acid, iron, calcium and protein. Certain foods are best to be avoided during the second month, as they may cause complications in the pregnancy term.
So, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the foods that should be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
It is better to avoid soft cheese such as brie and roquefort in the second month of pregnancy, as it contains E. coli bacteria. There is a risk of infection and pregnancy-related complications when soft cheese is consumed.
Liver is yet another food that is forbidden in the second month of pregnancy. Liver contains retinol that can result in a miscarriage.
Do not consume unpasteurised milk, as it contains microorganisms and pathogens that can put your health at a high risk level. Unpasteurised milk contains salmonella and other harmful bacteria in it.
Alcohol consumption in pregnancy is dangerous and can lead to birth defects. So, it is always advisable to stay away from alcohol.
Raw eggs is something to be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Those who consume raw eggs in the second month of pregnancy could catch a salmonella infection, which again is dangerous to the foetus.
Processed meat should also be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Processed meat is refrigerated for a longer period of time and hence is more prone to the survival of pathogens.