- 7 hrs ago A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- 10 hrs ago Hina Khan’s Mesmerising Blue Eye Make-up Is All You Need To Slay This Holiday Season
- 11 hrs ago Rasika Dugal's Black Outfit Can Easily Elevate Your Formal Look
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Trends Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh, Kareena Kapoor & More
- Movies Miss World 2019: Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh Wins The Crown; India's Suman Rao Is The 2nd Runner Up!
- Sports West Indies built credibility with T20 performance against India, will be a force to reckon with during WC: Brian Lara
- Technology Micromax Revenue From Sales Fall 45% To Rs. 2,368.79 Crore In FY19: Report
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Pregnant mothers are very curious to know about their baby's growth inside the womb. Few common questions that all pregnant women want to be answered are, how much the baby have grown, are there any remarkable changes in the baby's development etc.
There are many interesting facts that are unknown regarding the babies when they are in the womb. Every stage and every week of pregnancy brings along many changes in your baby's development.
Every time you visit your doctor, you are anxious and excited. Excited to see your baby's well-being and happy to see the development.
So we are here to share some of the interesting facts about a baby when in womb. Have a look.
Development Of Eyes And Ears
During the eight week of pregnancy, your baby's little eyes and ears starts growing. The baby by this time is two centimeters long from crown to rump and the face also starts developing.
When does a baby develop genitals? Your babies genitals start developing in the ninth week of pregnancy. It is only after the 12 weeks of the pregnancy that male or female genitals could be differentiated. This is one of the interesting facts about baby in womb.
Body Is Fully Formed
Your baby is 5 centimeters long from crown to rump during the 12th week of the pregnancy. Your baby's body is fully formed including fingers with nails, toes and ears .
Your Baby Is Half The Length Of It's Birth
At week 20 your baby is 18 cms in length from crown to rump and the baby starts to move inside your womb. By this time the eyebrows of the baby are visible and finger nails are well-developed.
Baby's Hearing Is Developed
At 24th week of the pregnancy, your baby will hear voices from outside the womb and can respond to the same. Your baby's face and organs develop completely by this time. The skin is thin and wrinkled but protected by waxy hair.
Your baby breaths inside your womb even though no real oxygen has been taken through the lungs. Around 27 week of pregnancy your baby's lungs actually breaths in air.
Sense Of Smell
Approximately after 28th week of pregnancy the baby develops the sense to smell. The baby in the womb will be able to smell the same way as adults.
Your Baby Opens Eyes
Your baby opens eyes in the womb nearly around 32 weeks of pregnancy. Your baby will settle downwards (head towards the vaginal opening) by this time. There will be changes in the position of the baby in the womb. You can feel vigorous moments of baby's arms and legs. Your baby's length from crown to rump around this time should be 35 to 38 cms and 44 to 55 cms from head to toe.
Baby Is Healthy And Plump
Your baby's development in womb at about 40 weeks (9 months) is complete and full term. During this time your baby's head is lying on the top of your cervix. At the time of delivery your baby should weight about 2 to 3 kgs. Some babies weight from 2 to 5 kgs also.