- 40 min ago Bahula Chaturthi 2022: Date, Time,Puja Rituals, Mantras, Vrat Katha, Benefits, And Significance
- 46 min ago Ashton Kutcher's Autoimmune Disorder Left Him Blind And Disabled: Know About Vasculitis Causes And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago Do Stained Clothes Mean You Have A High Level Of Intelligence? Study
- 3 hrs ago What Kind Of Sibling You Are, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Technology Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered PC Game PC Requirements, Features & Release Date
- Movies Mouni Roy Wishes Husband Suraj Nambiar On His Birthday By Kissing Him Pics Inside
- News It is a great blend, says PM Modi as 18 MLAs take oath as ministers
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2022: Adventure Tourist Places In India to Visit with Brother & Sister
- Finance This Small Cap Banking Stock Likely To Jump 70%, Brokerage Suggests Buy For Target Price Of Rs 155
- Automobiles HMSI Teases Its Upcoming New Scooter - Next-Gen Honda Activa?
- Sports ISL 2022-23 Player Transfer: Chennaiyin FC Extend Rahim Ali's Contract Till 2024
- Education XLRI Will Open The Window For XAT Registration 2023 From August 10
Breastfeeding your baby is a major task. Since your baby is dependent on you for nutrition, you have to be extremely careful about the foods you eat while you are breastfeeding your baby.
You will find tons of conflicting advice, traditional as well as modern, about what you should eat or avoid while breastfeeding. But the most important thing is that you should not compromise on the amount of nutrients your body must receive during this phase.
Since your baby receives nourishment from your breast milk, you will have to choose carefully what kind of foods to eat while breastfeeding. These foods will help in increasing the milk supply and keep you healthy as well.
World Breastfeeding Week is celebrated every year from 1 to 7 August to encourage breastfeeding and improve the health of babies. So, this breastfeeding week, let us take a look at the different types of food that can be consumed by a breastfeeding mother.
There is no need to go on a special diet while breastfeeding your baby. You just have to take care that you consume extra calories which is needed for milk production and eat foods which are less spicy. Avoiding spicy food is important because whatever you eat has a direct impact on your milk which can make it difficult for your baby to digest.
The veggies are the best option for you while breastfeeding your baby. Vegetables such as the broccoli, bell peppers, squash and beans are the best diet options for breastfeeding mothers.
We definitely cannot miss out on the nutritious fruits which are rich in fibre and also add healthy calories. You may consume fruits such as apples, berries, plums, oranges, peaches.
Whole grains contain the complex carbohydrates which is essential for you while breastfeeding. So, include whole wheat bread, rye bread and brown rice in your diet.
Dried fruits such as almonds, cashews, raisins, dry dates are traditionally fed to the breastfeeding women as they have a high calorie content. Dried fruits help to build the calorie content in your body which is helpful for milk production.
It is also one of the traditional foods for breastfeeding mothers. Ghee is also helpful in increasing the calorie count and fat which provides energy to the weaning mother.
You have to avoid aerated drinks at any cost if you are breastfeeding your baby. Go for healthier substitutes such as homemade fruit juices, buttermilk, coconut water because keeping yourself hydrated is the most important rule of thumb for breastfeeding mothers.
Fish is considered one of the best foods while you are breastfeeding your baby. It contains the essential fats and oils which are not harmful in any way for the mother or the baby. However, go for simple and bland fish preparations since spices may cause upset stomach for both you and the baby.
Milk & Milk Products
It is advisable to drink cow's milk in sufficient quantities while breastfeeding. You must also include products like butter, cheese, yogurt in your diet.
You may include herbal teas in your diet. Tea with peppermint, chamomile and ginger are completely safe to have while breastfeeding.
- pregnancy parentingCOVID Vaccine For Breastfeeding Moms: Are There Any Side Effects?
- babySome Amazing Benefits Of Papaya For Babies
- postnatalDoes Iron Deficiency Anaemia Affect Breastfeeding? Causes, Impacts, Risk Factors And Preventions
- postnatalFactors That Could Affect The Taste, Smell And Production Of Breast Milk
- postnatalCan Diabetes Affect Breastfeeding? Benefits Of Breastfeeding In Both Newborns And Diabetic Mothers
- postnatalMothers Should Avoid Breastfeeding If They Have These Medical Conditions
- basicsWorld Breastfeeding Week 2021: Benefits Of Turmeric For Pregnant And Breastfeeding Women
- postnatal9 Important Nutrition Tips For New Mothers
- postnatalAyurvedic Herbs For Mothers For Lactation, Perineal Pain, Stretch Marks And More
- prenatalVegan Pregnancy: Is A Vegan Diet Healthy During Pregnancy? List Of Foods To Eat And Avoid
- disorders cureOverdosing On Ginger Could Be Bad For People With These Medical Conditions
- basicsNutritionist Speaks About Food Poisoning During Pregnancy