- 1 hr ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 3 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 3 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 3 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Sports Ranji Trophy: Paddikal, Deshpande steer K’taka to 259/6; Mayank falters
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Tiger Shroff To Come Together For Yash Raj Film’s Next?
- News Parliament approves ship recycling bill passed in RS today
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51, A71, S10 Lite, Note 10 Lite Prices Leak
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
We have all heard about maternity leave where a working pregnant women is given few months of holidays to enjoy her motherhood. However, this facility which only catered to mothers is no longer what is seemed to be. The pregnancy leave is not just for the new mothers anymore. Many companies are now offering leaves for daddys-to-be, called as paternity leave.
Men are now vouching on taking leave to be at the side of their wives during the pregnancy period to post pregnancy. In initial days when the companies offered the pregnancy leave, many men hesitated to take career leave. However, with the changing times, paternity leaves have become a trend and most men prefer to take leave even during a post pregnancy period of their wives.
Here a some of the tips for the daddys-to-be to make the best use of paternity leave:
Shop for your wife:
During pregnancy it could be hard for your wife to shop for her wardrobe, thus your role is much required at this point of time. Take time out with your wife and get her some of her favourite clothes and make her feel special with your presence.
Indulge in eating:
It is a natural phenomenon that many pregnant women crave to eat and not bother about the calories and weight. This new inculcated habit of your wife can be embarrassing for her. In order to make her get rid of the glutton feeling, indulge yourself in eating and give her a company.
It could sound weird, but make sure you get on with some household work, especially cooking. Pregnant women tend to feel stressed out easily, hence assist her in some household work like cleaning and cooking which could give her a sense of relief.
Strengthening the role of fathers:
Taking paternity leave gives men an opportunity to develop a stronger bond with their newborn child. The impact of this extends far beyond the paternity leave period.
These are some of the best ways to ensure you enjoy paternity leave. Do you have more ideas to enjoy this career break?