- 1 hr ago Hair Dusting: New Hair Cutting Technique You Should Know About
- 3 hrs ago What Is Khosta-2? Everything You Need To Know About The COVID Vaccine-Resistant Virus Detected In Russia
- 4 hrs ago Mrunal Thakur's Secret To Spotless Skin: Get That Subtle Glow!
- 5 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 7: Ananya Panday To Shraddha Kapoor, Orange Navratri Outfits Guide From Bollywood Actresses
- News Rajasthan political crisis: 3 Gehlot loyalists blamed for Jaipur revolt; CM gets clean chit
- Finance Top 10 Debt Mutual Funds That Delivered Highest Return In 2021 On Lump Sum Investment, Details Inside
- Sports RSWS 2022: Sri Lanka Legends crush Bangladesh by 70 runs, remain unconquered in league stage
- Technology Moto G72 Renders Reveal Possible Design; India Launch Imminent
- Movies Shaheer Sheikh, Drashti Dhami To Mrunal & Ankita- TV Actors Who Refused Big Bollywood Offers
- Travel List Of 7 Wonders Of The New World
- Education 1647 vacancies in Himachal HPSSC: Know Eligibility, How to Apply, Salary and Details of Vacancy
- Automobiles The Volkswagen Gen.Travel Is A Look Into Our Relaxing Autonomous Future
Research states that during pregnancy, women feel more uncomfortable than usual during monsoon. Here are some suggestions that can help you enjoy the bliss of monsoon with just a little extra care.
Choice of clothes Monsoon can make you sweat a lot. This will make you more uncomfortable, especially if you have a big tummy. Therefore to stay cool, wear light weight and pastel shades of cotton. Avoid maternity clothes made of synthetic fabrics as they retain heat and perspiration and may even cause rashes and prickly heat.
Ensure that your clothes are not figure hugging. Shop for good supportive shoes if the roads are slippery, waterlogged or full of potholes. If you are a working woman, then leave an extra set of clothes and shoes in your office, it will be of great help at hand if yo get drenched in the rain.
Things to do
Avoid food served by roadside vendors, like cut fruits, juice, snacks and water or milk based drinks. However there is no restrictions for eating quality food in hygienic restaurants, but try to steer clear of curd, curd-based preparations such as salads, fermented and raw preparations.
During monsoon, frequent power cuts are very normal. This could spoil food in the refrigerator easily exposing it to deadly bacterias. Therefore relish freshly cooked food and make sure to prepare in small quantities so that you do not need to store it in the refrigerator for very long.
Avoid using tap water for cooking as it may be contaminated by overflowing ground water that gets mixed during rainy season. Use filtered water even to knead the dough and wash the meat. Clean leafy green vegetables several times over in filtered boiled water and steam them to get rid of any germs and bacteria. Soak green leafy veggies in warm water containing 1 tsp of salt for about 10-15 minutes to get rid of insects.
Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated and reduce heat stress during this season.
Clean house, Healthy you
Monsoon in India is often marked by the outbreak of many diseases, which either are water borne or spread through mosquitoes. To avoid such diseases that can complicate your pregnancy protect yourself by keeping your home clean and germ free. Avoid collection of stagnant water in open vessels, flowerpots, flower vases or coolers as these are the perfect breeding ground for mosquito larvae which cause Malaria, Dengue and Chikungunya. If the water cannot be drained out pour some kerosene oil alternatively.
Use insect repellents to get rid or mosquitoes and other insects. Keep the windows open for maximum cross ventilation. Keep a small mesh bag of cloves near your window or in your cupboard for a fresh natural scent. To keep the home hygienic use a good disinfectant to clean the floors and bathrooms.
To safeguard your house fro flies mosquitoes, cockroaches, termites and other disease carrying insects, use a pest control. Check this article to know about pest control in detail.
Your body hygiene
- wellnessLaunch Of The Global Arbovirus Initiative By The WHO
- disorders cureEverything You Need To Know About Fever, Dengue Fever, Ebola, Chikungunya And Typhoid Fever
- wellnessHow To Prevent The Spread Of Chikungunya Virus
- disorders cureWhat Is Chikungunya? Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Treatments And Prevention
- wellnessWorld Mosquito Day 2020: History, Significance And Facts About Mosquitoes
- disorders cure7 Major Differences Between Dengue And Chikngunya
- wellnessHow To Prevent The Spread Of Chikungunya: Here Are Some Dos And Don’ts
- wellnessChikungunya: How To Identify Chikungunya Fever Symptoms?
- disorders cureRemedies For Chikungunya Joint Pain
- kidsDengue In Children: 8 Serious Symptoms Parents Should Know
- wellnessMCD, Jamia Hold Event To Raise Awareness About Controlling Dengue, Other Vector-Borne Diseases
- healthDelhi: Dengue Case Tally Past 8,200 With Over 6,700 In Nov Alone