- 19 min ago Coronavirus Face Masks: Types, When And How To Use
- 1 hr ago Karishma Tanna And Yashika Aannand In Shimmery Red Embroidered Outfits, Who Looked More Gorgeous?
- 1 hr ago 4 Amazing Ways To Use Highlighter You Need To Know ASAP
- 3 hrs ago Rasika Dugal Exudes Retro Vibes In A Simple And Sober Black And White Kurta Set
- Technology Honor 30S Price Tipped Just Ahead Of Official Launch
- Sports After IPL 2020, Asia Cup faces cancellation due to Coronavirus outbreak
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In South India In April
- Finance Sensex Plunges 1400 Points As Coronavirus Infections Rise
- Movies Kareena Kapoor's 'In-House Picasso' Taimur Draws 'A Day At The Beach' And It's Too Cute!
- News Delhi: Doctors on COVID-19 duty at 2 city hospitals to be accommodated at Lalit Hotel
- Automobiles Coronavirus Pandemic: Indian Army Modifies Bus To Carry Coronavirus Patients Along With Medical Aids
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Stretch marks are one of the biggest problems for a woman, but the problem becomes worse after pregnancy. Soon after you have delivered your baby, the skin tends to look sagged and there appear stretch marks on the skin.
However, there are several causes that can lead to stretch marks on the skin and few among them are hormonal changes, stretching of the belly during pregnancy, excessive weight loss/gain in the body and much more.
One important factor to consider while getting rid of the stretch marks is, you should be patient while treating them, as you cannot get rid of these marks completely too.
Home remedies are by far considered to be the best ways to treat this condition, as they do not come with harmful chemicals, unlike other options.
So, here we've listed out some of the best home remedies to treat stretch marks after pregnancy. Take a look.
1. Castor Oil
Applying castor oil on the affected part can help to get rid of the stretch marks easily. Apply some castor oil on the altered area and cover the area in such a way that no air comes in contact with the skin. Now, place a bottle filled with hot water in it and roll it for 30-40 minutes and relax for some time. The heat eliminated from the bottle helps to open the pores, which allow the absorption of the oil to take place.
2. Potato Juice
Potato juice is extremely beneficial in treating stretch marks over the skin. Take one potato and cut it in half. Now, take a piece of the potato and rub it on the stomach or affected area. Make sure that the juice is absorbed by the skin and repeat doing this 2-3 times in a day. Wash off with cold water later. Another way to use potato juice is to grate some potato and extract the juice from it. And then apply this on your stomach and wash off with water.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is extremely important for the body, as a human body needs Vitamin C to produce cells and collagen on the skin. You should consume foods that are rich in Vitamin C such as red and green bell peppers, guava, kale, parsley greens, turnips, and broccoli in your diet.
4. Shea Butter Or Cocoa Butter
Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter are among the two best butters that prove to be effective in treating stretch marks on the skin. Cocoa butter is a natural fat extracted from the cocoa bean and Shea butter is made from the nut of the karite tree. The fatty acids present in both the butters help to boost the production of collagen and aid in the healing of the skin sooner and faster. It helps to keep your skin moist and hydrated for a long period of time.
5. Egg White
Egg White is extremely useful in treating stretch marks and rejuvenating your skin. Egg white not only helps to rejuvenate your skin, but also helps to give you a fresh-looking skin. Break open an egg and collect its white. Now, whisk the egg white and add some lemon juice to it. Apply this mask on your stomach and allow it to dry. Wait so that the egg white dries completely and wash off with lukewarm water.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains a high amount of antioxidants in it that help to heal and soothe your skin. Scoop out some fresh aloe vera gel and apply it directly on to the marks. Allow the gel to dry naturally and wash off with cold water.
Due to antiseptic property present in honey, it helps to reduce the stretch marks on the skin. Take some honey and apply it directly on the affected skin. Place a warm cloth over it and wait for 20-30 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. Another method to use honey for stretch marks is to mix honey with a small amount of castor oil or olive oil. Then, apply it on the affected part and wash off with cold water.