- 1 hr ago 6 Impressive Health Benefits Of Buckwheat Tea
- 1 hr ago Katy Perry Party: Alia Bhatt, Anushka Sharma And Ananya Panday Give Ultimate Party Wear Goals!
- 1 hr ago Try Out These Easy Hairstyles Tonight To Wake Up With Perfect Curls
- 2 hrs ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Flaunt Vibrant Outfits At Harmandir Sahib
- News Lata Mangeshkar health update: 'Singer doing much better, don't react to rumours'
- Movies Action Movie Review: 'Logic' Goes For A Toss In This Vishal Starrer!
- Technology Xiaomi e-Book Reader To Be Announced On November 20: Will It Rival Amazon Kindle?
- Sports MS Dhoni feeds a girl child on her Annaprashana, video goes viral - Watch
- Finance This Is Why Bank Stocks Surged In Friday's Session
- Automobiles Royal Enfield’s DIY Basic Video Instructions For 650 Twins: Covers Starting Trouble & More
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
The basic thing that every parent should know is that newborns sleep a lot. According to experts, newborns can sleep for at least 16 to 17 hours a day. However, in some cases, there are babies who don't sleep for more than 2 to 4 hours at a time, in the day or at night. In cases like this, parents should look at ways to help their little one sleep, as this habit helps them to grow in a healthy manner.
The sleeping pattern changes a lot for a newborn in the first few weeks of their life and for each little one, the sleeping pattern differs. Parents should be aware of their little one's sleeping habits and should make note of any changes as well.
Experts advice parents to hold their baby close to them while they're asleep. The warmth of a parent is required for the newborn to feel the love and tender care. It is also important for your newborn to wake up at night, as it is not normal for a baby to sleep right through the night in the first few weeks after the birth.
So, here are some of the newborn sleeping habits for new parents to take a look at.
The Importance Of Babies Waking Up At Night
According to experts, newborns who don't sleep through the entire night tend to have higher cognitive abilities and are more empathetic. Therefore, it is important for babies to wake up at night.
What Happens If The Baby Sleeps Right Through The Night?
Experts suggest that parents should not allow their newborns to sleep right through the night. This sleeping pattern can only lead to infant or cradle death.
What Do Newborns Require?
Newborn babies require a closeness, like an external womb for comfort, which is why it is important for a mother to hold her baby in her arms and caress him/her to sleep.
Should Babies Cry In Their Sleep?
It is unhealthy for babies to cry in their sleep. When a newborn goes through these emotions, it disturbs his/her brain and can even result in a certain amount of stress that is unhealthy. Therefore, at this point of time, it is important for parents to hold their little ones, if they are crying in their sleep.
Is Co-sleeping Important?
Co-sleeping is important at least for premature babies. Parents have to keep a watchful eye on their little ones when they are awake and asleep as well.