- 7 min ago Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Breastfeeding?
- 1 hr ago Mangala Gauri Vrat 2021: Date, Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- 3 hrs ago Mrunal Thakur As ‘Sita’ In Her Bottle-Green Saree From Her Latest Poster Leaves Us Intrigued
- 3 hrs ago Raven Saunders' Incredible Journey Of Winning Silver At Tokyo Olympics 2020
- News Zika: Central team rushed to Maharashtra
- Sports Tokyo 2020: We need to keep our emotions in check and avoid cards: Reid ahead of semifinal against Belgium
- Finance PNB Revises Interest Rates On FD: Check New Rates Here
- Movies Yuvika Chaudhary's Birthday Celebration With Hubby Prince Narula Is All Things Love
- Automobiles Kia India Tops Dealership Satisfaction Survey — See How Other Brands In India Performed
- Technology DoT Likely To Discuss Price Of 5G Spectrum Bands Soon
- Travel Raksha Bandhan 2021: Perfect Places To Visit With Your Siblings
- Education JIPMAT Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At jipmat.nta.ac.in
'Meet The Bijlees' is a comic book from NTPC Ltd (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), which has been brought out in association with Amar Chitra Katha in both Hindi and English languages. This attempts to present a panoramic view of this power giant's presence across the energy value chain and aims at educating young minds on the significance of electricity without overwhelming them with engineering jargon.
A journey of the integrated energy player with its commitment to provide affordable, reliable, cleaner and greener energy is what this comic book represents.
One of India's largest integrated energy players, NTPC, has taken the comics route to raise awareness on the importance of using the resource judiciously, to children in their early school years.
If one turns the pages of this comic book, they can see how the story navigates along with the conversation between siblings Tanu and Manu and their parents who are associated with the power industry. Further, it elucidates the transmission of electricity from power plants to the grids and then to the households.
All in all, the book provides an interesting platform to capture the children's attention to a complex but interesting subject and imparts knowledge about not only electricity generation but also its safety aspects which is of practical use in our everyday lives, thereby making it far more pertinent for the younger lot.
This comic books also enlightens us about non-renewable sources of energy like coal, oil and gas which is limited in quantity and highlights the skewed supply-demand ratio.
The last part of the Meet the Bijlees briefs us about NTPC's initiatives to produce 30% of its energy with the help of non-fossil fuels by 2032. The comic book also focuses on the company's concern about the environment and informs the readers about the power major's goal to plant over 34 million trees in and around its power stations and its massive drives to save electricity every year.
The comic book also highlights NTPC's collaboration with Ola, and Zoomcar to diversify the electric charging infrastructure across the country and the power major's road map in bringing about the electric vehicle revolution in India.