- 4 hrs ago 5 DIY Face Scrubs For The Radiant Glow
- 7 hrs ago Happy Durga Puja 2022: Wishes, Images, Quotes, Photos, Greetings & Whatsapp Status
- 8 hrs ago GQ Best Dressed Awards 2022: Nora Fatehi, Esha Gupta, Pooja Hegde & Others Dazzle At The Red Carpet
- 9 hrs ago Navratri 2022: Durga Ashtami Timings, Puja Rituals, Fasts And Legends
- Finance Royal Enfield Launches New Model With Aggressive Pricing, Accumulate Stock, Says Top Brokerage
- Sports Premier League: Liverpool 3-3 Brighton and Hove Albion: Trossard hat-trick denies Reds in Anfield thriller
- News Kodiyeri Balakrishnan passes away
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Elimination Week 4: Will It Be Arohi?
- Education IGNOU Exam Form 2022 Out for December Term End Examinations, Apply Now at ignou.ac.in
- Automobiles 2023 Tata Harrier Spotted Testing - Gets ADAS, New Design & More
- Technology Realme Smartphones Receiving Updates For Jio 5G Support
- Travel List of The Shortest Rivers In The World
Kerala government on Sunday said norovirus infection, similar to the diarrhoea-inducing rotavirus, was confirmed in two children residing near Thiruvananthapuram.
The Health Department evaluated the situation and said precautionary measures have been taken as the virus spreads through contaminated water and food.
State Health Minister Veena George said the disease is highly-contagious and urged the people to maintain hygiene. "Norovirus infection has been detected in two children and their health condition is stable. There is no need to be concerned at the moment but everyone should remain careful and maintain cleanliness," Minister said.
The infection was detected after samples of students who complained of food poisoning were tested at a government lab.
Officials suspect the food poisoning took place after the students took mid-day meals at school. The minister said the norovirus can be cured and prevented from spreading.
The Norovirus can be transmitted through contaminated food, water, and surfaces through cases of vomiting and/or diarrhoea, headaches and body aches, the Health Department said.
In extreme cases, loss of fluids occurs and that could lead to dehydration, it said while urging people to follow precautions such as repeatedly washing hands with soap after using the lavatory.
- health65 Cases Of Norovirus Reported Till October 31 In India, Govt Tells Rajya Sabha
- disorders cureNorovirus Outbreak In The UK: Symptoms, Prevention And Everything You Need To Know
- pulseUnusual Names For Babies And Their Meanings
- offer of the dayAmazon Sale 2022: Exciting Offers And Discounts On Kids Items From Premium Brands
- life'Mum You've Got To Hang In There!' 9-YO-Kid Performs CPR On Unconscious Mother After Car Accident
- parents and childrenWhy Do Children Need Grandparents, Sometimes More Than Parents?
- basics5 Scientifically-Backed Reasons Why You Should Never Spank Your Child
- babyChildren Inherit Intelligence Mainly From Their Mothers: How Far Is It True?
- parents and childrenSingle Foster Dad Adopts Five Children To Ensure They Stay United As A Family
- kidsLong COVID In Children Can Last At Least Two Months: Study
- kidsCipla, DNDi Launch 4-In-1 Antiretroviral Treatment For Children With HIV
- kidsCovid-19: Kerala To Conduct Special Vaccination Drive For Children