- 32 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 57 min ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 1 hr ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Is ketchup healthy or unhealthy? Toasts, bread, salads, fries or even burgers are tasteless without tomato ketchup! Dip those foods in a cup of ketchup and you will feel like thanking your taste buds.
Most of us think that ketchup is harmless. On the top of it, as it contains tomatoes, we think that all the nutrients of tomatoes do a lot of good. But wait! Let not your kids eat too much of ketchup.
Yes, it could cause several health issues over long term use or consumption. Here are some quick facts to help you out.
Is ketchup healthy or unhealthy? Your ketchup bottle is nothing but 25% of sugar. Yes, it is tasty but it is too much of sugar and your kid doesn't need that much. Your kid already gets sugar from other sources. Commercial ketchups are too much of sugar!
Your Kid May Fall In Love With It
Due to its taste, your kid may get addicted to ketchup. That would further increase the health risks.
It Contains Sodium
Too much of sodium in today's ketchup is another bad thing. Your kid gets daily dose of sodium from other foods. Cut the ketchup intake.
High Fructose Corn Syrup
This is one of the ketchup health risks. Most of the ketchup contains high fructose corn syrup which is responsible for high risk of diabetes and obesity.
Your kid may develop the risk of several other diseases if he loads the morning toast with ketchup.
Bottom Line: Is Ketchup Healthy?
No, it is unhealthy. Let your kid grow up to enjoy the taste of ketchups and sauces that are a celebration for the taste buds. As an adult, he or she may realise that moderation is better as far as ketchup consumption is concerned.